Review of Passionate Purpose

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Review of Passionate Purpose

Post by Alex Lynn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Passionate Purpose" by Jack J. Schramm.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The book Passionate Purpose by Jack J. Schramm is indeed a global governance journey. The book is a memoir that describes the life and political journey of Jack at the state, federal, and international levels of governance.

Jack was born into a family of four sons, of which he is the third. He attended Delmar-Harvard Grade School with his brother. He noted that his political career started at kindergarten when his teacher appointed him as the fire chief of a red fire wagon they built. When he was 10 years old, there was an experience that shaped his conscience on race matters. Jack's mother had hired one of her customers to clean the house; her name was Margaret. On this fateful day, Margaret asked if Jack would like to have a beer, and they both went out to the street to visit Blondie & Dick’s Root Beer Stand. Margaret paid for a large mug, which Jack couldn't finish. He then gave the mug to Margaret to finish as she placed the mug on her lips. Unfortunately, Margaret was denied the drink by a blonde only because she was an "African American." Margaret was hurt, but she held on to her dignity. Many more of his experiences, from his years at the law school, his military service with the 82nd Airborne Division, the motorcycle adventure from Baghdad through the Middle East, and his political career as an elected member of the Missouri House of Representatives, among others, will be fascinating to learn from through the pages of this book.

The author did a great job of being explicit enough in his writing. I enjoyed every part and chapter of this book. The book was carefully divided into four parts and fifteen chapters. Each of the parts is a wonderful segment that could fly as a full-fledged book. There are many lessons I learned from the life of the author. One that stood out was his conclusion: after losing his last poll, he concluded that it is not a small matter to hit hard times and feel huge disappointment, but it should not be the end of the world. There is always a next chapter, and one has to live it and learn from whatever traumas one has been forced to undergo and endure. Although the book is filled with information that can be best interpreted by legislators, I still enjoyed it.

I have no negative side to point out in this book. The book is professionally edited, as there was only a single error in it. I will gladly rate the book 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend the book for lawmakers, environmental gurus, and everyone interested in governance and politics.

Passionate Purpose
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

A memoir rich with lessons from a life navigated through the realms of governance at various levels. Eager to explore the impactful narratives and personal experiences that shaped his views, especially on pressing matters like race and resilience. This book seems like a treasure trove of inspiration and insight for anyone intrigued by the intricacies of political careers and the power of enduring adversity.
Ringle Nashak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ringle-nashak.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ringle Nashak »

The Eagerness to explore the impactful narratives and personal experiences that shaped his views, especially on pressing matters like race and resilience. This book seems like a treasure trove of inspiration and insight for anyone intrigued by the intricacies of political careers and the power of enduring adversity.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 86030
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1361%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

this a memoir worth reading a worldview of making the world a better plae for all
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

Your excellent and informative review of this book has further fueled my interest in reading this book. The author's anecdotes about race, law, environmental protection, national and international politics, and his motorcycle trip through the Middle East are intriguing. Thank you. :tiphat:
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list.
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

I am very much awaited to read this book, Your review motivated me to read this book ASAP. The way you inculcated the details of the book in a very clear manner is impressive. Thank you
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers by Archie Luper

Post by Obc Contentor »

As a prospective reader, this review provides a compelling overview of "Passionate Purpose" by Jack J. Schramm. The book appears to offer a comprehensive memoir detailing the author's life and political journey, spanning various levels of governance from local to international.

Your review eloquently captures the essence of Jack's upbringing, experiences, and career highlights, offering glimpses into formative moments that shaped his worldview, such as the poignant encounter with Margaret at a young age.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”