Review of 19 Days

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jaituni Sanghavi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaituni-sanghavi.html
Latest Review: Living Intentionally by Viterose Van huis

Review of 19 Days

Post by Jaituni Sanghavi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "19 Days" by Anne M St Clair.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dating is tough in the world today. Gone are the days of old-school romance, and everyone just seems to have their own agendas and selfish needs when you enter the dating world! Well, not everyone, but surely a good majority of them. Add to it the concept of online dating, and the level of anticipation, fear, and danger just goes a notch higher. If you ask me, I am not much in favor of online dating, even though I am at a very ripe age to do just that. To me, it seems like a slippery path, and a constant fear always lurks behind my mind of whether the person is exactly as they appear to be or show themselves to be! Also, what if your potential date is a big-time lover but an even bigger scammer?

Well, I wouldn’t have asked these questions if I hadn’t read 19 Days by Anne M. St. Clair. In this book, the author shares her own online dating story, which was indeed alarming and a bit scary as well. It all began when Anne, who got divorced from her husband at roughly 50 years of age, felt a bit of a void and was looking for a potential partner. In such a scenario, she turned to online dating for the first time in her life, rather with hesitation. However, her hesitation was soon replaced by happiness when the very first connection she made on the dating app turned out to be the ultimate connection, and it almost felt like she hit the jackpot. Who was this man?

To begin with, his name was Tom Miller, a very generous-seeming man who had trust issues because he seemingly had his trust broken multiple times in the past. Anne came into his life and brought him the comfort he needed and was in search of for a long time, while Tom brought into Anne’s life the love and care she had been craving. Then began their chats and calls, and they fell in love in just 19 Days. However, during these chats and calls, there were multiple instances that raised concern in Anne’s mind. Did she actually fall for a man whom she hadn’t even met in person? Was her decision to trust this man a good idea? Especially after he kept asking her for financial favors? Was he who he really portrayed himself as? Were these all just silly concerns that troubled Anne and caused her difficulty in trusting this man at all, or were they concrete? Read 19 Days to find out!

Honestly, I was hooked on the story from start to finish. The book, in many places, reminded me of the ‘Netflix’ documentary ‘The Tinder Swindler.’ I actually connected with Anne and her thought process while she was chatting with Tom. I believe the emotion the book manages to capture is commendable, especially because the entire book is written in the format of text messages, emails, and phone call conversations. There’s no description, and rightly so, because that is the very purpose of the book. You read their text exchanges and find out what exactly is going on in their minds. I found this storytelling style unique and intriguing. I absolutely empathized with Anne, and I was always on the edge of my seat as to what would happen now! Thus, with nothing to dislike about the book, I wholeheartedly rate it 5 out of 5 stars. Moreover, the book is exceptionally edited, and I found no errors in it apart from the intentional grammar errors, the purpose of which was to make the conversations seem real and which the author has also mentioned at the very beginning of the book.

To me, this read was surely interesting, but it was also equally educational. I liked the strong and courageous spirit of Anne to be bold enough to share her story with the world so that other women do not make the same mistakes as she did. She has come all out and shared her entire journey just so we could be aware of the potential signs of danger and the potential threat that is inherent in the online dating world. This book is not meant to scare you; it is just meant to protect you from falling into an invisible trap. I recommend this book to everyone, especially women, who are into online dating or are thinking of exploring that land.

19 Days
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
George Nduuru
Favorite Book: Original Wisdom
Currently Reading: If... and other stories
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-george-nduuru.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 3%

Post by George Nduuru »

I am currently reading a book called Sex and Something Sixty Guy, which is similar to this one in that the author describes several characters he met before settling on one who was compatible. In actuality, what's in that person's profile is frightening. Just a few pages of reading have revealed a great deal about dating apps and websites. You did a great review.
Yasmine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

Online dating seems very scary to me, probably because of the idea that people are often fake when online. It's a good thing people like Anne are sharing their own experience to bring awareness. I enjoyed reading your review, thank you.
Paris Kumar
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paris-kumar.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Paris Kumar »

This insightful review of "19 Days" by Anne M. St. Clair captures the essence of the book's cautionary tale about online dating with empathy and depth. Your appreciation for the author's bravery in sharing her story and the unique storytelling style makes your review both engaging and enlightening.

Thanks for sharing your reading experience with us!
The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
—Samuel Johnson

I am happy to be a part of the OnlineBookClub.
Jaituni Sanghavi
Currently Reading:

George Nduuru wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 17:23 I am currently reading a book called Sex and Something Sixty Guy, which is similar to this one in that the author describes several characters he met before settling on one who was compatible. In actuality, what's in that person's profile is frightening. Just a few pages of reading have revealed a great deal about dating apps and websites. You did a great review.
I know, right! Online dating seems like a really scary path to walk on, despite the safety features these apps possess. Thank you for appreciating my review! :)
Jaituni Sanghavi
Currently Reading:

Yasmine M wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 02:02 Online dating seems very scary to me, probably because of the idea that people are often fake when online. It's a good thing people like Anne are sharing their own experience to bring awareness. I enjoyed reading your review, thank you.
Exactly! You don't really know who the real person is behind that face. Unruly path, perhaps! :?
And thank you so much for appreciating my review! :)
Jaituni Sanghavi
Currently Reading:

Paris Kumar wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 02:23 This insightful review of "19 Days" by Anne M. St. Clair captures the essence of the book's cautionary tale about online dating with empathy and depth. Your appreciation for the author's bravery in sharing her story and the unique storytelling style makes your review both engaging and enlightening.

Thanks for sharing your reading experience with us!
Thank you so much for your kind words! :)
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Gerry Steen »

This review has me thinking "What a great idea to write a book using the text messages, e-mails, and telephone conversations that the author was involved in to recount her story!" Online dating is a necessary, possibly rewarding, and risky endeavor. I guess the bottom line is run far away from any dater who asks for financial favors and don't look back! I salute the author for her courage to share her story so that others do not make the same mistakes. Thank you for this great review. :tiphat:
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

The reviewer effectively communicates their reservations about online dating in the contemporary world, setting the stage for the discussion of Anne's own experiences. The acknowledgment of the storytelling style, relying on text messages, emails, and phone call conversations, is highlighted as a unique and intriguing aspect of the book. The emotional connection and empathy felt toward Anne's character are praised, emphasizing the author's ability to capture the reader's attention and curiosity throughout the story.
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

I am very much awaited to read this book, Your review motivated me to read this book ASAP. The way you inculcated the details of the book in a very clear manner is impressive. Thank you
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

George Nduuru wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 17:23 I am currently reading a book called Sex and Something Sixty Guy, which is similar to this one in that the author describes several characters he met before settling on one who was compatible. In actuality, what's in that person's profile is frightening. Just a few pages of reading have revealed a great deal about dating apps and websites. You did a great review.
I also read "Sex and the Sixty Something Guy" it's an amazing book.
Azaz Raja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azaz-raja.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson

Post by Azaz Raja »

Anne M. St. Clair's perceptive analysis of "19 Days" eloquently and deeply conveys the core of the book's cautionary narrative about online dating. Your review is interesting and educational since you recognize the author's bravery in sharing her tale and her distinct narrative style.
We appreciate you telling us about your reading experiences.
Maileyrom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maileyrom.html
Latest Review: The Shot Not Heard Around the World by Charlie damitz

Post by Maileyrom »

Great review. Unfortunately what is told in the book is a nowadays recurrent problem. Men and women around the world are scammed while on their search for love. Good for Awareness.
"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself" George Bernard Shaw

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”