Review of The Divine Memoir

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: When Your Partner Dies by Millard Hiner

Review of The Divine Memoir

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Divine Memoir" by Sankarshan Das.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Divine Memoir by Sankarshan Das is a captivating journey through the 1960s counterculture movement, following a young idealist's quest for love and peace amidst the vibrant backdrop of San Francisco.

In this book, we follow a young person who leaves their small town to find love and peace in the big city. They dive into the wild world of the 1960s, meeting hippies, musicians, and spiritual leaders along the way. But things get rough. They see fights and chaos, especially at big events like the Altamont Free Concert. Despite the ups and downs, they find comfort in spiritual teachings, especially from the Hare Krishna group. They have some deep moments but also struggle with doubts. As they keep going, meeting different people, and facing tough choices, they reach a big moment. Just when it seems like they're finding their place, something shocking happens, shaking up everything they thought they knew. Now, they're at a crossroads. Will they find the peace they're looking for, or will they have to face even more challenges? The future is uncertain, and they're about to step into the unknown.

Throughout the book, the protagonist explores different spiritual teachings and encounters various spiritual leaders, including the Hare Krishna movement. These moments of spiritual exploration add depth to the story and provide valuable insights into the protagonist's inner journey and quest for enlightenment. The author’s writing style is simple, accessible, and engaging. The narrative flows smoothly, and the language used is easy to understand, making it suitable for readers of all backgrounds. The author effectively incorporates dialogue and inner reflections to convey the protagonist's thoughts and emotions, allowing readers to connect with the story on a deeper level. Also, the author provides vivid descriptions of the settings, characters, and events, which make the story come alive for readers. For example, when describing the Haight-Ashbury district, the author paints a colorful picture of the bohemian lifestyle and the bustling music scene, allowing readers to imagine themselves in the midst of the action.

The book delves into spiritual and philosophical themes, which may be challenging for some readers to grasp, especially those who prefer straightforward storytelling without deeper introspection. However, not everyone would have challenges with this, and as such, the book still maintains its amazing nature. The book editing was also top-notch, as I did not come across any errors while reading. Due to the positive nature of this book, I will rate it five out of five stars. This book can be recommended to fans of autobiographies and memoirs.

The Divine Memoir
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ajay Rudrapati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajay-rudrapati.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Ajay Rudrapati »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list
Clauson Justin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: You Own Me by Susan Shumaker

Post by Clauson Justin »

The fact that this book follows a journey helps the spiritual aspect of it. Readers will enjoy the places visited while learning about different spiritual teachings. The book is very informative.
Vinay Penubothu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vinay-penubothu.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Vinay Penubothu »

Thank you for your detailed review! Your insights have piqued my interest, and I'm excited to dive into the book. Your review convinced me it's a must-read. Thanks for sharing your thoughts - they've inspired me to explore further.
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: A Toast to Travel by Fraser Beath McEwing

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”