Review of Chess! A Beautiful Game for People of All Ages

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 246
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: Your Father Has Something to Tell You by Dave Riese

Review of Chess! A Beautiful Game for People of All Ages

Post by Hy Be »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Chess! A Beautiful Game for People of All Ages" by Sinclair Wilkinson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Chess!!! A Beautiful Game for People of All Ages" by Sinclair L. Wilkinson is a informative guide on how to play chess. The book is divided into sixteen chapter, each describing various aspects of chess.

The author begins by sharing his own personal journey by how chess caught his attention since 13 years of age. He described chess as "Game of Life" , as it has own benefits. From definition of chess to etiquette of chess, the author covered all important topics related to chess. The author gave an ode to well-known winners of world chess champion players from around the world in the book such as Gary Kasparov(1985-2000), Wladimir Kramnik (2000-2006) and other.

The expertise of author as chess trainer , shone throughout the book with use of illustrative chess board and detailed steps to play game. I found author's writing skills amazing, making to understand the chess game in a simple and understandable way. His description of history of bishop, queen,pawns and King along with their principles was another thing that added more clarity to the book. To develop more curiosity among readers, the author used questions about topics in each chapter. The author also shared valuable advice through pawn piece, how one can achieve success through hard work, respect, good attitude, determination and loyalty.

One more thing , I found amazing was the cover of the book, which beautifully display the title of the book. It shows how old age person is competing with younger generation, showing how chess is a game for all ages. The author 's use of grammar was clean, without any profanity. I wasn't able to find anything to dislike in this book.

In Conclusion, "Chess!!! A Beautiful Game for People of All Ages " by Sinclair L. Wilkinson deserves five out of five-star rating for its exceptional editing and informative reading experience. I would recommend this book to anyone looking to play chess with efficiency and to those who are looking how to start playing chess.

Chess! A Beautiful Game for People of All Ages
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Prohlife Jobs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prohlife-jobs.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Prohlife Jobs »

My brother-in-law taught me how to play this game when I turned eight. I fell in love instantly. To this day, it is still one of my favorites. I am looking forward to reading this gem of a book.
Akinsemoyin Adeola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinsemoyin-adeola.html
Latest Review: A Secret Life by Mina Bancheva

Post by Akinsemoyin Adeola »

Chess is a game I've always wanted to know how to play especially because it makes you think. Good job on your review, I'm sure this book will be very useful to me.
Saliha Hussain
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful In Life
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saliha-hussain.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Saliha Hussain »

A helpful chess strategy book is "Chess!!! A Beautiful Game for People of All Ages" by Sinclair L. Wilkinson. The book is broken up into sixteen chapters, each of which covers a different chess topic. I've always wanted to learn how to play chess because it requires strategy and thinking. You did a great job reviewing this book, and I know I'll find it extremely helpful.
Azaz Raja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azaz-raja.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Azaz Raja »

"Chess!!! A Beautiful Game for People of All Ages" by Sinclair L. Wilkinson sounds like an excellent resource for learning chess strategy. Your insightful review has convinced me that this book will be invaluable for honing my strategic thinking skills. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on it!
Orji cyril Kaluokoro
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Orji cyril Kaluokoro »

"Chess!!! A Beautiful Game for People of All Ages" by Sinclair L. Wilkinson is a comprehensive guide to playing chess, divided into sixteen chapters. The author shares his personal journey of discovering chess at 13 years old and describes it as a "Game of Life" with its own benefits. The book covers various aspects of chess, including its definition, etiquette, and the ode to world champion players like Gary Kasparov and Wladimir Kramnik.

The author's expertise as a chess trainer is evident throughout the book, using illustrations and detailed steps to play the game. The author's writing skills are impressive, making the game easy to understand. The book also provides a detailed history of bishop, queen, pawns, and king, along with their principles.

The cover of the book, featuring the title, showcases the game's appeal to all ages. The author's use of grammar is clean and without profanity. Overall, "Chess!!! A Beautiful Game for People of All Ages" deserves a five-star rating for its exceptional editing and informative reading experience.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”