Review of God is Proven

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Review of God is Proven

Post by Alex Lynn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "God is Proven" by David Steineker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

God is Proven by David Steineker is a Christian apologetic book that tends to prove that scientific research cannot prove God. The Big Bang is a falsehood promoted by science. There is only one God, and that is the truth, which is proved by Jesus Christ with evidence to support his claim. The truth always provides evidence beyond a reasonable doubt. The denial of self is the praise of God, and humanity has to accept the truth in order to truly love God. Loving God is the greatest commandment, and there is a difference between love and work. Both work and love require effort, but the difference is in the intention. The author declared that grace is not free because love is not free. Living your life thinking work will get you to heaven is falsehood. There are lots of arguments raised by the author that contradict general beliefs, which you will discover as you read through the pages of this book.

The 330-page book contains acknowledgment, a preface, 8 chapters, References, and a Reading Group Guide. Each of the chapters has a distinct topic and focus. The author explains his idea with evidence from both sciences, biblical, and extra-biblical facts. He started the first chapter with the story of Noah and the proof of his existence. The animals on Noah's ark were not the focus, but the fact that Abraham was a descendant of Noah is proof of his existence.

I like the approach of the author in conveying his perspective about the truth because he was as explicit as he could be. There are various new facts I discovered from the book, such as the race of Jesus (Arab-Black) and also that the Aboriginal Australians could be the oldest population of humans living outside of Africa.

However, the book seems cumbersome and littered with information that cannot be easily digested. There are also some repeated statements and pieces of information throughout the book, such as the issues of Noah and his sons. I also dislike the approach of the author to filling the book with numerous scientific theories, some of which are not well synchronized to the idea discussed, and it makes the book boring and difficult to proceed at some points. Because of this, I would remove a star and rate the book 4 out of 5 stars. I did not rate the book lesser because of the loads of information about God I could gain from it.

The book is professionally edited, as I only saw a typo in it. I recommend the book to both young and adults. The book is also good for lovers of apologetics, Christians, and theologians.

God is Proven
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

You've explained very well about the book and you have mentioned the content of the book very nicely. I'll definitely start reading this book.
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

This sounds like a good read, pointing to the discoveries about Christianity and beliefs. Today we still have a lot to learn in this regard. Thanks for the great review.
Biswajit Barman 1
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 91
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Biswajit Barman 1 »

"God is Proven" by David Steineker is a thought-provoking Christian apologetic book that challenges conventional beliefs about the existence of God and the nature of truth. Steineker presents a compelling argument that scientific research alone cannot prove the existence of God, asserting that the truth is ultimately revealed through Jesus Christ.
Boniface Caleb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Boniface Caleb »

It's all about Christianity,believe and existence of GOD and nature
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

As a prospective reader, this review provides valuable insights into "God is Proven" by David Steineker. The author's approach to presenting his perspective on the truth, supported by evidence from both scientific and biblical sources, is intriguing. Your review highlights the book's depth and the author's explicitness in conveying his ideas, which suggests a thorough exploration of theological concepts.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers by Archie Luper

Post by Obc Contentor »

The review's balanced assessment, along with the acknowledgment of the book's professional editing and the recommendation for a diverse audience including young readers, adults, and enthusiasts of apologetics and theology, makes "God is Proven" appear worth considering for those interested in exploring the intersection of science and faith. I did not like the cover photo though.
Bradley Twesten
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Bradley Twesten »

I'm curious to read this one. I love to read about the different approaches to Science vs. Faith, Creation or Evolution.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”