Review of The Courage of a Butterfly

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Review of The Courage of a Butterfly

Post by Robert Andrew »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Courage of a Butterfly" by Edmond E. Frank aka E. Egorhh Frank.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"The Courage of Butterfly" by Edmond E. Frank follows Jeff, a man trapped in self-deception and blame. Struggling with health issues, Jeff seeks to prolong his life. The narrative delves into Jeff's past, from an adventurous youth to a disappointing marriage. Each chapter recounts Jeff's experiences, with Big D offering insightful commentary. Through descriptive language and witty remarks, the book explores themes of self-discovery and resilience.

The book aims to inspire readers to embrace life fully, urging them to explore the world and connect with others. It emphasizes the importance of not simply existing in a comfortable bubble but actively engaging with life. The narrative blends elements of "redneck spirituality" and a "life is what you make it" philosophy, resonating with those undergoing significant changes or feeling adrift. Ultimately, the story portrays Jeff's journey of personal growth, work, and relationships, revealing that his true self emerges through his life experiences.

This book has been enlightening, particularly regarding the writer's profound messages about the courage displayed by butterflies in embracing change eagerly, contrasting with human tendencies to avoid it. The writer underscores the significance of embracing both positive and negative experiences to fully grasp the essence of life. Furthermore, the narrative suggests that those who prioritize love over fear are akin to passengers who opt for a ride with the limo driver before existence. While acknowledging fear's role, the writer highlights its necessity in appreciating courage and the choice to love.

I found nothing to dislike about the book. It poignantly portrays the loneliness experienced by children growing up without parental love and care, shedding light on how institutionalized care can feel cold and distant, leaving children feeling abandoned despite being surrounded by others. Jeff's journey underscores the importance of having someone trustworthy to confide in during tough times. I appreciate how the author keeps the story open-ended, blurring the lines between autobiography and fiction, which adds to the book's realism and leaves readers contemplating its broader implications. The book is exceptionally edited.

I give the book a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I appreciate how the author emphasizes that, as humans, we all have weaknesses, but we shouldn't let them undermine our self-confidence. Instead, we should confront life courageously and pursue our passions wholeheartedly. The story beautifully illustrates the significance of forgiveness and the transformative power of love in shaping our lives for the better. I recommend this book to everyone, especially those who want to know more about life.

The Courage of a Butterfly
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Epi Ibetabakaucere
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Epi Ibetabakaucere »

This review provides a detailed and insightful overview of "The Courage of Butterfly" by Edmond E. Frank. The reviewer does an excellent job summarizing the plot, themes, and messages conveyed in the book. They appreciate the writer's exploration of self-discovery, resilience, and the importance of embracing life fully.

The reviewer also praises the writer's ability to blend elements of spirituality and a positive outlook on life, resonating with readers undergoing significant changes. They find the book enlightening and appreciate its profound messages about courage in the face of change and the power of love over fear.

The reviewer particularly highlights the portrayal of loneliness, the importance of trust and connection, and the transformative power of forgiveness and love in shaping one's life positively. They commend the author for keeping the story open-ended, blurring the lines between autobiography and fiction, adding to its realism.

Overall, the reviewer gives a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars to "The Courage of Butterfly," recommending it to all readers, especially those seeking insights into life and personal growth. Their review effectively captures the essence of the book and its impactful themes, making it a compelling recommendation for potential readers.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I hope that Jeff’s experience doesn’t mirror my own. I like to think of myself as taking hold of and directing my own life, but it probably appears different from another perspective. Thanks!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”