Review of Momma,. Your Baby Made It

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3049
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Review of Momma,. Your Baby Made It

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Momma,. Your Baby Made It" by Gwendolyn Y Gulley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Gwendolyn’s parents were married on March 16, 1934, in Alabama, and the tale that brought them together is intriguing. Set against the backdrop of the deeply entrenched racism of the first half of the twentieth century, blind obedience was the norm, with defiance and any demonstration of brilliance carrying significant risks. This societal context heavily influenced Gwendolyn’s parents, leaving an indelible mark on her and her siblings. Amidst this, the church provided solace—a place where they could truly be themselves and bare their souls. Their parents instilled in them a profound love for God, despite occasional discrepancies between their father's strict beliefs and teachings and his actions. Momma, Your Baby Made It!: Because Miracles Happen In Heaven Too by Gwendolyn Y Gulley recounts her life, starting with her family's journey, spanning generations, emphasizing God's unwavering faithfulness and the power of forgiveness.

It is refreshing to encounter a book inspired by the Word of God, especially one that prominently features biblical quotations. Opening with Jeremiah 1:5, the book immediately resonated with me. Reading certain passages evoked nostalgic memories of my carefree childhood days spent playing games like hide-and-seek until dusk descended, sometimes losing a shoe or flip-flop in the process. This ability to evoke such emotions and memories is just one of the many strengths of this book. The narrative delves into the profound impact of parenting, particularly the subtle, long-lasting effects that often only become apparent with time. While addressing various issues, including enduring abuse even from those expected to love and protect, the author emphasizes the importance of forgiveness. Indeed, the chapter addressing abuse closes with a prayer for forgiveness. Owing to the errors I encountered in the book, I rate Momma, Your Baby Made It! four out of five stars.

In the final section, especially the section about the author, Dr. Tumi's Nothing Without You song lyrics from Psalms 124 reverberated in my mind—reminding me and the reader that without the Lord, we would be consumed by our enemies, whether human or other tactics employed by the devil, both the discernible and subtle ones. Gwendolyn's testimony joins the chorus of the great cloud of witnesses affirming God's faithfulness, even in the face of adversity and doubt. Her story will undoubtedly inspire many, regardless of their faith background, as struggles are a universal experience that unites humanity. While Momma, Your Baby Made It! is particularly suited for Christians or those open to its spiritual insights, its profound themes of faith, forgiveness, and resilience make it a compelling read for anyone grappling with life's challenges.

Momma,. Your Baby Made It
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”