Review of Exposing the truth

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Behind the Eyes of Zylo Moon by David Nathaniel Nealis

Review of Exposing the truth

Post by Merits Anih »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Exposing the truth" by Wallace Fowler.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Exposing the Truth by Wallace Fowler is about the racial discrimination the author and others have experienced in the military, which the Department of National Defense has refused to take action against. Pte. Fowler is a member of the Canadian Forces, and he and his family experienced racial discrimination. On December 14, 2016, Wallace Fowler and two other plaintiffs filed a statement of claim against the Attorney General of Canada in federal court through the Stewart McKelvey law firm, alleging racism and discrimination.

Previously, on July 18, 2012, Fowler had written to the Minister of National Defense, providing the names of 36 other visible minorities and females who had suffered similar racism, discrimination, and sexism while serving in the military. Several letters were written to the Department of National Defense by some people (such as Dr. Keith Martin MP and Commander D.F. Ohs) for the matter to be looked into, but it was not given due attention; instead, the case was denied to have ever existed and many lies were told to cover it. In this book, the author assembled several documents in the case that prove the inaction of government officials in the face of racial discrimination against him, his family, and other people of color.

I love the boldness with which the author writes and expresses his opinions. He calls out these individuals who have stood in the way of justice and those who have done nothing in the face of racism. It's a pity that the government turns a blind eye to racial crimes happening in their country but claims to broker peace and unity internationally. Charity begins at home. If you cannot handle these kinds of cases in your country to make sure that citizens live peacefully without discrimination, how can you effect change in other countries?

In this book, the author shared pictures of letters written to the Canadian Minister of National Defense and various other documents relating to the case and the racist culture of the military. There are also names of various people (e.g., Yves Cote, Jason Kenney, Rob Nicholson, etc.) who are involved and their contributions (or lack of action) in the matter, as well as those who have made an effort to ensure that the truth is not exposed.

I would recommend that every well-meaning individual who has zero tolerance for racial discrimination and bad politics read this book. If we, as a society, do not rise above things like what Fowler has experienced, I do not know if we have a future of peace and equality. The only negative aspect I took note of in this book is that it started with page numbers, but at a point, I didn't find page numbers within the book anymore. I am, however, rating this book 5 out of 5 stars because this negative aspect is minor and the book was well edited. I do encourage the author to make sure that page numbers are included for the whole book.

Exposing the truth
View: on Bookshelves
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”