Review of Generation Hope

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lisa P Cowling
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The one that kills you by Rick Rothermel

Review of Generation Hope

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Generation Hope" by Arunjay Katakam.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Generation Hope by Arunjay Kataham is a book that calls for the uprising of a new generation. Set in contemporary society, it challenges the systems of government and their approach to the financial well-being of their citizens. It opens our eyes to the harm and damage our daily activities cause to our environment and the impending disaster the future, which is not so far off, brings to our world. This book educates us on the way forward and how our intentional and conscious efforts towards change can be achieved and implemented. A way we all, collectively, can erupt the necessary economic change and renaissance, taking back economic control for the greater good of humanity. This is a must-read!

Arunjay Katakam is an excellent writer who uses his background and home country, India, as an example to reveal the ills of society. He describes it in such a way that it’s personal to me and makes me see my mistakes and my part in the deterioration of my country and the world at large. Using excellent examples and good communication, he reveals how the government has failed us and isn’t as free and fair as it claims. The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.

As someone who has always found economics intriguing, I went on to read the pages of this book word for word, and I must say that I’ve been duly enlightened on the foundation of economics from this book. It spurs in me a strong will to make things better and challenge systems that I’ve long deemed normal. Change starts with me as an individual, and this is what Arunjay goes on to emphasize in this book. The author unveils the redundancy of the industrial teaching age and how it’s far from applicable in our contemporary society. Giving examples with notable people like Oprah Winfrey and Bill Gates, who ditched the educational system and became prosperous. I see the need to emancipate from this old system, stop being comfortable with it, and develop myself with the new times in order to thrive comfortably in the future and create a better world for generations to come.

However, I do not completely agree with the author on lateness not being a punishable act. I beg to differ. This was my least favorite thing about this book. I do concede, though, that it may be my subjective view. Aside from this, there was no other negative aspect to spot.

I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. The reason for my rating is because I found the book very educational and easy to understand. The author employed a lot of vivid examples to describe past and present economic states, and that aided better comprehension. This book has no errors; it was exceptionally well edited.

I recommend this book to economists, both pros and beginners, and to society at large.

Generation Hope
View: on Bookshelves
BasseyAkpan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-basseyakpan.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by BasseyAkpan »

This book serves as an eye opener to citizens around the world who may not be aware of the activities of their government particularly their approach to the financial well being of citizens. The impact of certain human activities on the environment is clearly explained in this book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”