Review of Frustrated Witness-Expanded Edition

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jaituni Sanghavi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaituni-sanghavi.html
Latest Review: Chasing Tales by Christine J. Logan

Review of Frustrated Witness-Expanded Edition

Post by Jaituni Sanghavi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Frustrated Witness-Expanded Edition" by Willis Morgan.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Let me begin by saying that I have never read a book like this in my life before, and I mean it in a good sense. If you want to know why, then just hang around a bit here and read my review, which is slightly lengthy, but trust me, I could not cut it any shorter than this.

Frustrated Witness—Expanded Edition by Willis Morgan is not just a book; it is the author’s hard work and perseverance in bringing out his lifelong quest in the form of a book, his way to show the world how much Adam Walsh and his case meant to him. However, who was Adam Walsh, and why did his case mean so much to him?

Well, let me take you through it. The date was July 27, 1981, when Willis was at the “Hollywood Mall,” looking through things at RadioShack. While he was busy with his thing, a man, slightly rugged, disheveled, and goofy, appeared in front of him and asked Willis, “Hi, there. Nice day, isn’t it?” Willis did not bother to answer him. After a long pause, the man asked the same question again, and Willis still did not bother to answer that man. Why would he? The man clearly seemed weird and a bit crazy. However, that did not go well with that man, and he stomped out of the store with that deadly vibe he carried. Willis decided to follow him out of curiosity as to what he was up to and where he was headed next. The man ended up in the far end of the “Sears” store, where there was the toy department. Willis stood there for a while to see what happened next; however, he quickly changed his mind and turned back, thinking he would be in trouble if that man saw him again. Maybe he should have stayed. Maybe he shouldn’t have been scared. Maybe he could have saved Adam Walsh only if he’d stayed!

I say so because, on the TV news that night of July 27th, 1981, there was news of the abduction of a young boy, around 6 years old, from the toy department of the “Sears” store at "Hollywood Mall." The name of the boy was Adam Walsh. Willis immediately connected the dots and linked the events of that day, arriving at the conclusion that it was indeed that very man who had approached him first who was most certainly responsible for the abduction. Willis felt a surge of frustration because he was there; he even followed that man, but he turned back! How could he have possibly known?

He decided to go to the police the following day to report the events of the previous day. However, with no name to face and no concrete evidence of him actually witnessing that man abduct Adam, he was shown the door and thus began his journey to decode this case himself. That is why the book is titled Frustrated Witness. A decade later, there was a name to that face, and that name was none other than the psychopath serial killer “Jeffrey Dahmer!”

What follows next in the book is the author’s meticulous research to prove that it was indeed Dahmer who was responsible for Adam’s abduction and not Ottis Toole, who, after 27 long years, was named the convict. Yes, Ottis too was a sociopath and a pyromaniac, but he was not the one responsible in the Adam Walsh case; the author is certain of that on account of the many proofs at his disposal that all connect to Dahmer being the convict.

The author has taken many references from the book “A Father’s Story,” written by Dahmer’s father. Through the instances mentioned in the book, the author has proved that Dahmer was a psychopath from the very beginning and might have possibly killed a good number of people while he was posted in Germany in the “Armed Forces.”

The author has then included his research on the basis of the conversations he had with people who were a part of Dahmer’s life, like Billy Joe Capshaw, David Rodriguez, Preston Davis, and other soldiers stationed with Dahmer. The instances where Morgan mentioned the gory things Dahmer did were just heartbreaking, to say the least!

Willis then recounts the ignorance of the police department right after Adam was abducted. For instance, on July 13th, 1981, Terry Lee Keaton narrowly escaped an attempted abduction at a mall in North Palm Beach. His description matched that of the Adam Walsh case, but the police dismissed the connection. A similar incident happened again with another witness named Veronica Ugiss Jackson, but it was once again dismissed by the police authorities.

The book then includes official investigative reports, statements by Ottis Toole, statements by John and Reve Walsh (Adam’s parents), and statements by Jeffrey Dahmer. The author has shared pictures of it all—the reports, the official letters, everything!

What I absolutely liked about the book is the deep passion with which Willis Morgan has created it. Everything I mentioned above is not spoilers but essential information with respect to the book, which I had to mention in order for you to understand its purpose and depth. And trust me, this is just the tip of the iceberg! When you read the book, you will know the depth to which Morgan has gone to crack this case. I salute the author for being bold enough to come forward with this book, even after his first edition was taken down. It takes courage to stand in opposition to the police authorities and raise a voice for what you think is right. I also loved the fact that the author has two websites dedicated just to this case, which again only reflects his undying passion for justice for Adam and all the other 17 victims of Jeffrey Dahmer (17 is just the official number; the real count is much higher).

Thus, owing to the author’s relentless pursuit of justice, his meticulous research, his courage, his passion, and his will to never give up, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I disliked absolutely nothing about this book. Moreover, the book has been exceptionally edited since I discovered only three spelling mistakes throughout the book, which is extremely rare. However, owing to the heinous crimes Dahmer committed, the book contains few graphic details, which may not go well with some readers.

On the whole, Frustrated Witness—Expanded Edition is a book that is dedicated to justice, a book that will perhaps make you think about the extent to which a psychopath serial killer could go, a book that challenges police procedures, a book that speaks of a witness's helplessness, and a book that makes you think about things you may have never thought of before. This is a book I recommend to those who have the courage and capacity to delve into the dark side of mankind.

Frustrated Witness-Expanded Edition
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Maniacs, Monsters and a Bump in the Night by G. Richard Evans

Post by Kristin Cowan »

Wow, what a unique look at criminals and witnesses. I am sure a lot of people question if they could have done something if nearby. Cool concept that is overlooked.
Osvaldo Borghese
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 75%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

This book looks to be a report of Dahmer's life, especially in the period when he was an active serial killer. The argument is not for everybody, but it's a narration of what actually happened in that crazy period. Your review is simply amazing, thank you.
Baggett Yori
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baggett-yori.html
Latest Review: The Truth Is Beyond Belief! by Jerry Durr

Post by Baggett Yori »

Your review of "Frustrated Witness—Expanded Edition" by Willis Morgan offers a detailed and compelling exploration of the book's contents, themes, and significance.
Prohlife Jobs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prohlife-jobs.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Prohlife Jobs »

Thank you for this detailed review. I applaud the author for being bold in releasing this book. It certainly can't be easy with authorities disputing his view. I'm certainly interested in reading this!
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Esther ekunola
Bookshelf Size: 36
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

It must have taken the author an entire decade to put this together because it is a knit of perfection.I have read books on non-fiction crime and I quickly get disgusted. But not today. I was filled with enthusiasm throughout the pages.

Adam Walsh , a six year old boy goes missing in a mall in a section where kids play. Reve Walsh the mother of Adam Walsh ,had left his son for a few minutes only to find him missing in a few more minutes. This is any parents worst nightmare.

On the noon of this day on the 27th of July 1981 a dirty looking ungroomed man approaches a witness and bothers him with a conversation about how good a day it is. With no response he repeats his question, louder this time . That did not move the witness's lips again. Instead the witness was focused on how weird this serial rapist looked like. He was certainly an out of place figure.That was an encounter with Jeffrey Dahmer.

He disappears into the kids section where the child goes missing and to this witness he automatically becomes the suspect later on while watching news at home. This frustrates the witness because he shared his information with the HPD but no one took him seriously. They needed a receipt to prove he was at the mall that day and he did not buy anything.

Three weeks later on the 10th of August Adams severed head is found on a nearby drainage. If this does not make a parent go crazy , nothing will. They had hopes that Adam would be found alive. Ten years later after the publishing of Jeffrey Dahmer' s face on television when he got caught was when the witness remembered that that was the odd man who had asked him about what a great day it was on the mall that day.

The tone in this book is truly from a frustrated witness . The police of all of them failed him and the parents. Justice was not served as Toole took the blame for a murder he did not commit, while Jeffrey denied killing any Adam . I am giving this book a 5 out of 5 rating. By reading it I couldn't help but turn into a frustrated witness myself.
Raymonda Onwuka 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka-1.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Raymonda Onwuka 1 »

This book sounds like perfection. I could feel the emotions by reading the review along. " Maybe he should have stayed." Thanks for the wonderful review.
Jaituni Sanghavi
Currently Reading:

Raymonda Onwuka 1 wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 11:25 This book sounds like perfection. I could feel the emotions by reading the review along. " Maybe he should have stayed." Thanks for the wonderful review.
It is indeed. Thank you so much for your kind words! :)
Jaituni Sanghavi
Currently Reading:

Jabulile Mahlangu 1 wrote: 07 Apr 2024, 09:45 It must have taken the author an entire decade to put this together because it is a knit of perfection.I have read books on non-fiction crime and I quickly get disgusted. But not today. I was filled with enthusiasm throughout the pages.

Adam Walsh , a six year old boy goes missing in a mall in a section where kids play. Reve Walsh the mother of Adam Walsh ,had left his son for a few minutes only to find him missing in a few more minutes. This is any parents worst nightmare.

On the noon of this day on the 27th of July 1981 a dirty looking ungroomed man approaches a witness and bothers him with a conversation about how good a day it is. With no response he repeats his question, louder this time . That did not move the witness's lips again. Instead the witness was focused on how weird this serial rapist looked like. He was certainly an out of place figure.That was an encounter with Jeffrey Dahmer.

He disappears into the kids section where the child goes missing and to this witness he automatically becomes the suspect later on while watching news at home. This frustrates the witness because he shared his information with the HPD but no one took him seriously. They needed a receipt to prove he was at the mall that day and he did not buy anything.

Three weeks later on the 10th of August Adams severed head is found on a nearby drainage. If this does not make a parent go crazy , nothing will. They had hopes that Adam would be found alive. Ten years later after the publishing of Jeffrey Dahmer' s face on television when he got caught was when the witness remembered that that was the odd man who had asked him about what a great day it was on the mall that day.

The tone in this book is truly from a frustrated witness . The police of all of them failed him and the parents. Justice was not served as Toole took the blame for a murder he did not commit, while Jeffrey denied killing any Adam . I am giving this book a 5 out of 5 rating. By reading it I couldn't help but turn into a frustrated witness myself.
Perfectly summarized! Thank you for your wonderful comment! :)
Jaituni Sanghavi
Currently Reading:

Prohlife Jobs wrote: 02 Apr 2024, 05:35 Thank you for this detailed review. I applaud the author for being bold in releasing this book. It certainly can't be easy with authorities disputing his view. I'm certainly interested in reading this!
I absolutely agree! I can only imagine the guts it must have taken him to write this book!
Jaituni Sanghavi
Currently Reading:

Osvaldo Borghese wrote: 31 Mar 2024, 05:34 This book looks to be a report of Dahmer's life, especially in the period when he was an active serial killer. The argument is not for everybody, but it's a narration of what actually happened in that crazy period. Your review is simply amazing, thank you.
Yes, that is correct! The author has wonderfully written an entire account of Dahmer and his misdeeds. Also, thank you so much for your kind words! :)
Jaituni Sanghavi
Currently Reading:

Kristin Cowan wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 18:30 Wow, what a unique look at criminals and witnesses. I am sure a lot of people question if they could have done something if nearby. Cool concept that is overlooked.
Exactly! It is indeed a unique concept! :)
Osvaldo Borghese
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 75%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

You are welcome.