Review of Practical Ramblings on Relationships

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 339
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Review of Practical Ramblings on Relationships

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Practical Ramblings on Relationships" by Jacob C Larson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Relationships need constant work and dedication to succeed. Working on our relationships requires working on ourselves first. We need to understand our motives and backgrounds. We need to understand how our past traumas and upbringing affect the way that we behave and react. In Practical Ramblings on Relationships by Jacob C. Larson, you will learn about those things. The writer discusses some topics, like how someone was raised and how their parents' behavior affected them. It also talks about some red flags that mean you need to leave. It talks about the responsibilities we have towards ourselves and our relationships. The book is short and to the point, and you don't want to miss it.

I loved the writer's style. It was simple and fun. It kept the book away from boredom. The book had a nice flow that kept me going. I like how clear the advice provided was and how the writer encouraged people to own up to their baggage and take responsibility for being better people in their relationships. I like how the book tackles different topics that all benefit the main purpose. I didn't feel the book was preachy or judgmental. I could receive the advice provided easily and agree with it.

I like how the book delivered the message that, in relationships, we are responsible for our own healing. It's not on the shoulders of our partners. People are responsible for figuring out their own traumas, character types, and even anger types. We are responsible for looking for ways to understand ourselves and our partners and figuring out the best ways to handle things. The book is also here to help us with that.

There was absolutely nothing I disliked about the book. I enjoyed it and found it useful. There were no grammatical or spelling mistakes, which indicates the exceptional editing the book received. I like how the writer started the book by acknowledging he wasn't trying to claim he knew it all, but he wishes this knowledge had been introduced to him at an earlier age. For all of the above, I rate Practical Ramblings on Relationships by Jacob C. Larson five out of five stars. I recommend the book to anyone who's looking for some insights on how to improve themselves and their relationships.

Practical Ramblings on Relationships
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
BasseyAkpan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-basseyakpan.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by BasseyAkpan »

Every relationship requires both partners to understand each other and make sacrifices to sustain it. We learn everyday in relationships and hence we need to respect each other to build an enduring relationship. Thanks for the review.
Anil Baade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anil-baade.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Anil Baade »

Thank you for your valuable insights about this book. You've explained about the book very well. I'll definitely add this to my reading list.
Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for your insightful review. Your synopsis was not what I expected from the title of the book. I expected a book of random thoughts or poetry that commented on relationships. A book of advice, while useful, doesn't always appeal in the same way. However, its brevity, succinctness and lack of preaching may redeem it.
Bradley Twesten
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Bradley Twesten »

Do you know if Jacob C Larson is a therapist or psychologist? I'm always curious on these self-help books what background the authors bring.
ELIZABETH ONDU
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 4
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by ELIZABETH ONDU »

We should learn to own up to our mistakes and be better. Thank you for the insightful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”