Review of Reversed:A Memoir

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Clauson Justin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: The Making, the Rise, and the Future of the Speakingman-fourth edition by Dan M Mrejeru

Review of Reversed:A Memoir

Post by Clauson Justin »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Reversed:A Memoir" by Lois Letchford.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Reversed: A Memoir by Lois Letchford is a captivating memoir that delves into the extraordinary journey of Lois and her son Nicholas as they navigate through the challenges of dyslexia to achieve a remarkable transformation. In a household filled with vibrant and cheerful children, Nicholas stood out as the gloomy and troubled one, facing difficulties in academics, social interactions, and basic self-care. How would Lois and Nicholas go through this?

The captivating beginning of this book drew me in with its enlightening quotes at the start of each chapter, setting the stage for an emotional and gripping journey. Throughout the book, I experienced a whirlwind of emotions, feeling Lois's pain as she struggled with Nicholas's challenges and celebrating with her when he achieved small victories. The moment when Nicholas spoke up unprompted for the first time was a true triumph. One of the most touching aspects of this book is the raw honesty and authenticity with which it is written.

There are no gaps in time or details, allowing me to fully immerse myself in Lois's journey with Nicholas. Her emotions are laid bare on the pages, with no sugarcoating or pretense. From moments of joy and triumph to feelings of sadness, anger, and frustration, Lois shares the full spectrum of her experiences unabashedly. Despite her frustrations, Lois's unwavering patience and gentle approach towards Nicholas stood out, earning my admiration and respect. Her ability to weave in the stories of her entire family, not just focusing on Nicholas, showcased her wonderful storytelling skills and added depth to the narrative. I am inspired by Nicholas's determination to overcome his dyslexia and strengthen his reading skills. His hard work and dedication are truly admirable.

There was nothing to dislike about this book, so I rate this piece of art 5 out of 5 stars. It was edited professionally, with no grammatical errors. Reversed is not just a story of one boy's transformation but a tale of love, resilience, and the power of familial bonds, making it a truly compelling and unforgettable read.

For families, especially mothers of children like Nicholas, I wholeheartedly recommend this book. It serves as a beacon of hope, showcasing the power of patience, love, and determination in helping a child overcome challenges. Reading about Lois's journey with Nicholas can provide invaluable insights and inspiration for those facing similar struggles, offering a roadmap for nurturing and supporting children with unique needs like dyslexia. Also, for teachers, it will teach them how to help dyslexia children overcome their disability.

Reversed:A Memoir
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Baggett Yori
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baggett-yori.html
Latest Review: The Truth Is Beyond Belief! by Jerry Durr

Post by Baggett Yori »

"Reversed: A Memoir" by Lois Letchford portrays the memoir as a captivating and emotionally charged journey through the challenges of dyslexia, focusing on the author's son, Nicholas, and their family's experiences. The review commends the book's captivating beginning, highlighting the enlightening quotes at the start of each chapter as an effective storytelling device. Thanks for your honest appraisal of the book.
Prohlife Jobs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prohlife-jobs.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Prohlife Jobs »

This sounds like an amazing memoir of an amazing mother and her family. Certainly, worth the read. I enjoyed reading your review as well.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Usually memoirs are not my favorite type of literature. I do hope, however, that Lois and Nicholas were able to find the answers that they were seeking. Thanks!
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Unseen by Lynne Armstrong-Jones
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

Thanks for your detailed review, the book looks to be interesting to read.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”