Review of Modern Astrology

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Do Thi Huong
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-do-thi-huong.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Review of Modern Astrology

Post by Do Thi Huong »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Modern Astrology" by Ann Henning.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Modern Astrology by Ann Henning is a complete astrological handbook that will guide readers in interpreting their own birth charts. It covers all the essential topics, such as the zodiac, astrological houses, and planets, down to intermediate concepts like aspects.

The first part addresses various questions, issues, and debates within the astrological community, offering advice on how to use astrology effectively for personal development. I completely agree with the author's views on how astrology should be perceived in our modern times. When properly utilized, it can give us answers to our challenges and make our lives easier and happier. 

What I also like is the detailed explanation the author provides regarding the symbols of each planet. This part is definitely helpful for beginners and even those already familiar with planetary glyphs, as it deepens their understanding of the solar system.

Throughout the book, readers will have the opportunity to explore different personality traits through the lens of zodiac energy. Following the introduction, it delves into the interpretation of birth chart placements, covering the positions of planets in each sign and house, as well as planetary aspects. The book gives you a short and concise explanation for each placement, so it's best to have a copy of your birth chart on hand for interpretation while reading.

Not only does it touch on beginner concepts, but it also introduces intermediate techniques. The part about interpreting synastric aspects is quite accurate and incredibly helpful for me, as it provided a valuable tool to reflect on my personal life and relationships. Through applying the knowledge to my synastry chart with others, I was able to identify many mistakes I had made in past relationships, and this newfound awareness has also helped me better understand and navigate conflicts in my current ones.

Overall, the book offers a comprehensive picture of astrological practice, making it suitable for both beginners seeking a self-help tool to improve their lives and those with a deep interest in astrology. However, I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars due to some minor drawbacks. First, while the content is very informative and easily applicable, the absence of a conclusion left me with a sense of incompleteness. Furthermore, the lack of a table of contents in the Kindle format made it inconvenient to go back to specific sections for review. Additionally, some spelling errors detracted from the overall quality.

Despite these issues, I believe this book will give you a good foundation when starting your astrological journey. Therefore, I recommend it to all astrology students, from beginner to intermediate level.

Modern Astrology
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t really believe in astrology, it seems to me that it is wrong as much as it is right. However,I do commend the amount of research that has been done by Ms. Henning. This book appears to be very helpful to those who do believe. Thanks!
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Unseen by Lynne Armstrong-Jones
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

Astrology is always been a complex argument to face, a lot of people believe in it, and the same quantity do not. I think I am in the middle. Anyway, the book seems interesting. thanks for your nice review.
Do Thi Huong
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-do-thi-huong.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Post by Do Thi Huong »

Thank you guys for sharing your thoughts here. I think many believe in science, and astrology is not. That's why. However, if approached not as a tool for prediction but rather as a means of self-growth and development, it can offer a safe and valuable resource. Personally, astrology has provided me with numerous insights and made me understand myself better. But I also have doubts when it comes to predictions. I think it all depends on how people use it.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”