Review of Confessions of an Indian Immigrant

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Review of Confessions of an Indian Immigrant

Post by Veronica Hunter »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Confessions of an Indian Immigrant" by Aithal.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The story centers on the author, who worked as a programmer at a small software company. Upon noticing a promising career opportunity that entailed relocating to the U.S., he seized it. Upon being selected, he embarked on a journey out of India. Throughout his time in the U.S., he recounts his experiences, sharing both amusing confessions and observations of aspects that were prevalent in his time but have since become uncommon in the present generation. While adjusting to life in a new country presented its challenges, he remained appreciative of the experiences he acquired and the people who played a role in shaping his journey.

Confessions of an Indian Immigrant by Aithal is a captivating memoir that takes readers on a journey from India to the vast opportunities of the United States. Through a series of vividly narrated anecdotes, Aithal offers a heartfelt account of his experiences as an immigrant navigating the complexities of a new culture while also grappling with the joys and challenges of family life. One of the most compelling aspects of Aithal's narrative is his candid portrayal of the immigrant experience. Readers are given an intimate glimpse into the trials and triumphs of building a new life in a foreign land.

I admire one thing about Aithal. Most men in the tech niche or career-oriented sphere often lack time for family. However, here is a man who, despite being fully immersed in the tech world, makes every effort to be present for his family. Another person I admire is his dear wife. Women frequently make significant sacrifices to ensure their homes receive the best care, and for that, I appreciate her and every other woman out there doing their utmost.

There is absolutely nothing I didn’t like about the book. The book is a memoir that will resonate with readers of all backgrounds. The incorporation of coding language techniques to articulate his confessions is a distinctive feature that I find noteworthy. It’s quite amusing. As such, I am confident that this book will be immensely enjoyable for a wide range of readers.

The editing style of this intriguing memoir is top-notch. I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars. While reading this memoir, I felt as though my father was personally recounting the story of his life to me. The memoir was incredibly authentic, evoking a sense of realism that transcended the pages. It felt as if Aithal himself was sitting beside me, directly sharing his experiences in the U.S. and offering insights into life in India, spanning decades prior to this present generation. From this book, it is evident that Aithal possesses a humorous and playful side. I recommend this book to immigrants, fans of memoirs, anyone seeking inspiration, and cultural enthusiasts. 

Confessions of an Indian Immigrant
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

While memoirs aren’t my favorite form of literature, they do have something to add. From them we get to see the opinions of others .I’m glad they’re around for those that do enjoy them.
Williams Nnodim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Williams Nnodim »

The story follows the author's journey from India to the U.S. for a career opportunity, detailing his experiences, challenges, and reflections on cultural differences.
Baggett Yori
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baggett-yori.html
Latest Review: The Truth Is Beyond Belief! by Jerry Durr

Post by Baggett Yori »

This review offers a compelling overview of "Confessions of an Indian Immigrant" by Aithal, presenting it as a captivating memoir that delves into the immigrant experience and the complexities of adapting to a new culture. You praise Aithal's candid portrayal of his journey from India to the United States, highlighting the vividly narrated anecdotes that offer intimate insights into the trials and triumphs of building a new life. Well done on your evaluation of this inspiring story.
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

I really enjoy memoirs for the different perspectives they offer. It's great to have them for fans like me.
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: On the Trail of the Unseen by Lynne Armstrong-Jones
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 70%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

I like this kind of book, I wanted to thank you for your honest review. It made me more interested in reading the book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”