Review of Winning the Battle for Your Children

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Isaac Oh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: Odyssey Inside Out by K G Golden

Review of Winning the Battle for Your Children

Post by Isaac Oh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Winning the Battle for Your Children" by Stephen Fraser.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Every responsible parent is majorly concerned with training their children well. Yet most parents have had to live with guilt based on how their children turned out to be. However, is it always the fault of the parents?

The book starts by telling parents that there is no such thing as a ‘perfect parent’ and that instead of dwelling on their errors in parenting, they can act better by not repeating the mistake. He introduced the perfect partner and third person, who should also be a part of parenting. Unfortunately, he is usually neglected. He identifies the various stages of a child’s life and admonishes parents not to give up on their children despite their rebellious acts. Read this book to learn all you need to know about being a better parent.

I love how the author structured the book in the sense that he divided the book into chapters, and each chapter was further divided into parts and headings that highlighted the general lessons in that chapter. The book includes power quotes, Bible verses, poems, and references. These elements made evident the extensive research conducted by the author, and they further authenticated the teachings in the book. I love how the author used real-life examples to back up his teachings. I could relate to the story of how a parent used his children as role models without knowing the full story.

The book was educational, and I loved how raw the teachings were. The book taught that parents have their parts to play, and after they have, the rest should be left to the children and God. The book encouraged positivity and advised parents to stop dwelling on the past or casting blame on themselves and instead look towards a better future. I loved how the author used the illustration of Esau and Jacob and Cain and Abel being trained under the same parent but threaded opposite paths to show that the future of a child is in that child’s hands, especially after he or she becomes a legal adult.

The issue I have with this book is the repetition of ideas. For example, the author used different ideas and examples in different parts and chapters to treat one idea. I noted important points in the book; however, these points are now repeated throughout the book. Also, I found some typographical errors in this book, which proper editing would have taken care of. Nevertheless, I learned a lot from the book, and I loved how the author backed up the teachings with scientific research. Because of the dislikes and errors, I rate this book, Winning The Battle For Your Children by Stephen Fraser, four out of five stars. I recommend this book to parents and guardians who are having a hard time parenting. Also, to-be parents and teachers will learn a lot from this book.

Winning the Battle for Your Children
View: on Bookshelves
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: The Red Movement by Shadan Kapri
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 80%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

One of the most difficult things to do in life is to educate your children, to prepare them for the world. I like how this book expresses this argument. thanks for your nice review.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

Most times I have loved with this question, if my children were to turn out wrongly is it my fault, what are the mistakes I should avoid to train them right?

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”