Review of The Advent of Time

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 489
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho
fav_author_id: 1746

Review of The Advent of Time

Post by Josephe-Anne »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Advent of Time" by Indignus Servus.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered what it was like in the Garden of Eden, before Adam and Eve sinned? The Advent of Time, which was written by someone calling themselves Indignus Servus (meaning “unworthy servant” in Latin), explores the concept of time from its inception, after the fall of man. This theological book also explains the nature of God and Salvation as well as the reasons why pain and suffering exist. The author references other theological works, philosophical concepts, and the Bible itself to make his/her points. Simple logic is also employed. If you have been struggling with your Christian faith or seeking answers to profound existential questions, this book could be a valuable resource for you.

The cover design features an image of what appears to be a spiraling supernova with blue, white, and purple hues. This image is bordered on the right by a black panel with the subtitle and author’s name printed in blue and white text. The book is separated into two parts, containing a total of ten short chapters. There are also many helpful footnotes and references. The text does not contain any profanities or lewd language. However, as expected, upsetting imagery is used in the descriptions of hell. The main themes of this book are Christian theology, philosophy, biblical analysis, and science.

I like the fact that the author uses Bible passages and other theological works to validate his claims. I also look forward to reading the reference materials in their entirety. Readers should be aware that the Catechism of the Catholic Church is often cited as a resource. So, the information leans more toward Roman Catholic doctrines. Nevertheless, the concepts in this publication can be applied to most other Christian denominations.

I have no negative comments about this book. The only issues I had were regarding my own hesitations with faith, which the author addresses in the book. He/She asserts that one must have the innocent and blind faith of a child to believe in God and be saved. Overthinking with our limited human capacity, applying contradictory logic, and stubbornness are the reasons the author mentions for this hesitation. As someone with a very analytical mind, I am guilty of engaging in all of these thought processes. Yet, I believe the proverbial mustard seed of faith was planted in my mind and soul as a result. Because of this book, I am much less hesitant now, and many of the nagging questions I had were answered. In terms of editing, I only found one negligible error.

So, I have decided to give The Advent of Time by Indignus Servus a rating of five out of five stars. I think this is the ideal book for Christians (and anyone considering becoming a Christian) to read to celebrate the Easter season. Because the author did such a good job of explaining the nature of time and mankind’s ultimate purpose, I would like to see him/her cover other topics such as the claim by some critics that Christianity borrowed concepts from older pagan religions. I would also be interested in seeing this writer explore the purpose of plants and animals and how they fit into God’s divine plan.

The Advent of Time
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
Prohlife Jobs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prohlife-jobs.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Prohlife Jobs »

I like that the book appeals to both Christians and those who might want to become one. Amazing that the book answered questions that you had. I would love to give this one a read. Thank you for the comprehensive review.
Miracle Kingss
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Delightful Hands
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-kingss.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Miracle Kingss »

As a Christian, I enjoy reading books that delve deeper into the Bible, so I would definitely read this.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

The reviewer spoke my mind as how I have wondered so much on how life would be in the garden of Eden without sins whatsoever.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”