Review of Accessing Our Humanity

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Savina Visintin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-savina-visintin.html
Latest Review: A World Diverse III by David Edmond

Review of Accessing Our Humanity

Post by Savina Visintin »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Accessing Our Humanity" by Omar Bitar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Accessing Our Humanity is the first book by Omar Bitar, a young writer who reveals exceptional reflection and analysis. In this short but enlightening book, the author invites us to forget stereotypes and think logically, addressing negative experiences (and how to look at them), misconceptions, our need to conform, technology, and happiness. The author aims to open our eyes to the ignorance and clichés that often characterize our thinking, inviting us to free ourselves from them.

I am deeply impressed by this book, especially given the young age of the author (he is a young man of twenty-two) and the acuity with which he addresses complex issues, many of which are controversial. I liked that Bitar does not mince words and is very direct; sometimes, this is what it takes to lift the veil from the eyes of us readers. I had thought of many of the things he writes myself, but I have never come to reflect on them in such a profound way. He does not write to "pamper" readers, and this is especially noticeable when he talks about the situation in Palestine (he lives in Canada, but his family is originally from there). I believe this passage will not leave anyone indifferent.

The strong point of this book is that it helps readers think outside the box, but if you do not have an open mind, the author's frankness might offend you. This depends on your sensitivity, but I have to warn you that you do not read this book to relax. However, I do not think anyone who does not have an open mind can get past the first few pages.

If I think of something I did not like, it is the author's use of vulgar words, but this is a matter of personal taste and does not affect my rating. However, the typos will have an impact since I found many of them.

It is only for the typos that I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. Accessing Our Humanity is a challenging book. I am glad I read it because it made me think about many things. As I wrote before, I recommend it only to unprejudiced readers, but I am sure that if they read it, they will discover many concepts of exceptional value.

Accessing Our Humanity
View: on Bookshelves
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: The Red Movement by Shadan Kapri
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 80%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

Sometimes in life is necessary to think out of the box and out of common stereotypes, trying to understand things with an open mind. Thanks for your review.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

Most time we focus on negativity and it brings more damages in life, I love how the author writes about this.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”