Review of Leaving Corporate America

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rashad Deniro Price
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashad-deniro-price.html
Latest Review: David's space flight by Sharron Hillman-Dwyer

Review of Leaving Corporate America

Post by Rashad Deniro Price »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Leaving Corporate America" by Bonnie A Ross.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Our unique personalities have a huge bearing on our life choices, including our preferred job type. But then we have certain things in common, irrespective of our inclinations. I think every human desires a sense of satisfaction and fairness in their place of work, and it can be frustrating when these are poorly met or sabotaged. But not everybody can easily figure out what next step to take or handle fear of the unknown.

Bonnie A Ross has spent over three decades in the corporate world. Some of the time, she often thought about going for another career, but this often ended in her imagination. In her book, Leaving Corporate America: My Top 10 Surprising Discoveries Shifting from Executive to Entrepreneur, Bonnie talks about her remarkable decision, following the leads of her intuition, to quit her lofty position in a corporate firm to pursue an identity coach career and the lessons she learned along the way.

One of the most notable lessons I learned from this book is how powerful a force or energy our intuition is. It's incredible that it knows what we truly need better than we can comprehend and has a way of figuring out a whole lot of things even before we become aware of such things. I think the problem with most people is that they ignore the signs or leads of their intuition or gut and allow themselves to be enslaved by temporary comfort and the fear of the unknown.

Bonnie's openness and desire to guide people to successfully transition from their corporate life to their chosen career are noticeable throughout the pages. I found her discoveries deep, applicable, and liberating. For example, before now, I never thought about the importance of taking time to heal and take good care of myself before launching fully into my new career.

Reading this book helped me better understand the implications of the structuring and operations of corporate firms on my well-being and aspirations. It also helped me understand why some people are tired and frustrated at their jobs yet can't quit. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because of its rich insights and because it was thoroughly proofread. I didn't see any aspect that could be improved.

It's my pleasure to recommend Leaving Corporate America: My Top 10 Surprising Discoveries Shifting from Executive to Entrepreneur to corporate workers and those considering transitioning to new jobs. The book aims to properly inform corporate workers, reinforce the instincts of those who desire to make drastic changes in their lives, clear the fears lurking along the corridor to personal liberation and fulfillment, and equip them with seamless transition techniques. But it's a personal choice to make.

Leaving Corporate America
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

A friend of mine always say "the world is unique because of our individual differences" and it is true the company you are working won't be the same if we all have the same personalities.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”