Review of It'll Be Alright, Maggie Jiggs

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Do Thi Huong
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-do-thi-huong.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Review of It'll Be Alright, Maggie Jiggs

Post by Do Thi Huong »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "It'll Be Alright, Maggie Jiggs" by Karen Thiel.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

It'll Be Alright, Maggie Jiggs by Karen Thiel is a 66-page memoir about the grief and loss of her mother. It's like a long letter she wrote to her mom, who now rests in peace in heaven.

Her mom is an awesome, strong woman full of unconditional love. She is the caregiver for six children, and Karen is the third. Their relationship is like best friends. Despite the challenges, including caring for the youngest child with special needs, I can see they all grew up with a happy childhood filled with love and guidance from their parents.

Their parents taught them a lot of things. ”It’ll be alright” is her mom’s motto during tough times. Although things may not always turn out alright in the end, positivity always helps.

The author went through the grieving process from feeling numb to emotionally devastated to accepting and embracing the role of caregiver for her special needs brother, like what her mom did. I didn’t feel so negative or heavy while reading because her memoir is infused with happy childhood memories. It was touching and sad, though. Her emotions and feelings are raw, sincere, and uplifting sometimes.

She wrote in a conversational style, and I feel like the words were coming straight from her heart without any filter. I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars, straight from my heart too. I don’t have anything to criticize about it. It’s a beautiful tribute to a wonderful mom, and her unwavering love will surely be contagious to readers. The book also reminds me to treasure the moments I have now with my loved ones. “Don’t let regret haunt you," as the author well said.
`
This book is not for entertainment. But it could be good medicine for someone going through a loss. Readers may find it relatable and even be inspired to write their own stories. It’s a good way to heal.

It'll Be Alright, Maggie Jiggs
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Sandre Lamar »

The author’s words are like a comforting embrace, it reminds me that even in the darkest moments, there is always hope and a brighter tomorrow. This book is a beacon of light, it provides valuable insight to help navigate through life’s challenges. I highly recommend to anyone seeking motivation during tough times.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

Most times we don't know what we have till it's gone, it's a great reminder to cherish everything we have now.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: Backcomb & Tattoo by Shea R Embry

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

A book about a sad letter from a child to their late mother. It must not be easy to be such a writer. A conversational writing style would surely make the book more engaging. Reading your review makes me even more eager to read this book. Thank you for writing this. What a great review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”