Review of I’m Glad my Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tomi Ahmed
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: A Killer Within by Rosemarie B. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Review of I’m Glad my Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

As someone who has been deeply moved by memoirs that delve into the human experience, “I’m Glad My Mom Died” by Jennette McCurdy resonated with me on a profound level. In this raw and compelling narrative, McCurdy bravely shares her journey of survival, resilience, and ultimately, self-discovery.

From the outset, McCurdy’s storytelling grips you with its honesty and vulnerability. She fearlessly confronts the painful reality of the abuse she endured at the hands of her own mother, shedding light on the complexities of familial relationships and the lasting impact of trauma. As a reader, I found myself both heartbroken by her experiences and inspired by her unwavering strength in the face of adversity.

What sets this memoir apart is McCurdy’s candid exploration of how her mother’s death became a catalyst for her own healing and empowerment. Through her introspection, she comes to the realization that she had been enduring abuse for far too long, and her journey towards self-awareness is both poignant and empowering to witness.

McCurdy’s narrative is not only a testament to her resilience but also a powerful reminder of the importance of speaking out against abuse and reclaiming one’s own agency. Her journey towards self-acceptance and self-love serves as a beacon of hope for anyone who has ever felt trapped in a cycle of abuse.

Moreover, McCurdy’s honesty extends to her reflections on her career in the entertainment industry, providing valuable insights into the challenges she faced and the impact of her personal struggles on her professional life. Her willingness to share her vulnerabilities in both her personal and public life is both courageous and commendable.

In conclusion, “I’m Glad My Mom Died” is a remarkable memoir that deserves every accolade it receives. Jennette McCurdy’s bravery in sharing her story, coupled with her resilience and unwavering honesty, make this a book that will leave a lasting impression on anyone who reads it. I wholeheartedly give it a five-star rating and recommend it to anyone seeking inspiration, healing, and hope.
Tomi Ahmed

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”