Review of Harmony of My Soul

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Isaac Oh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: What I Hear When God Speaks by Allen J Brown Jr

Review of Harmony of My Soul

Post by Isaac Oh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Harmony of My Soul" by Dr. Tita Gray.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Harmony of My Soul: A Progressive Muslim’s Spiritual Journey is a book written by Dr. Tita “Nasiha Ali” Gray to talk about her spiritual journey as a Muslim. In this book, she shares her journey to becoming a Muslim and all the series of events that led to this spiritual journey. She shared the challenges she faced as a Muslim who is gay. Her journey to Islam was not easy. I urge you to get a copy of this book to learn more about Dr. Tita’s journey.

I have a lot of beautiful things to say about this book. I will start by saying that this is the most realistic memoir I have ever read. The author does not try to paint her story as the perfect one. She went through hard times and was brave enough to share her story. I think this was enough for me to fall in love with her persona. This was enough to get me hooked. I love her dedication and perseverance. I felt so motivated reading about her goals and achievements. The best part about her achievements was that she acknowledged that it was all Allah’s doing. This just shows how dedicated she is to God.

As I said, her spiritual journey was not a walk in the park. She had her share of the test of her faith, and she walks us through these processes and gives adequate explanations of them. It is truly a transformational story, and I learned a whole lot of things from this book. I could keep on writing, but I will be giving spoilers, and that is not permitted. One lesson from this book that stuck with me was when she said that you cannot simultaneously have faith and fear.

There is absolutely nothing to dislike about this book. It was interesting, inspiring, motivating, and soul-lifting, and I learned a whole lot from it. If you are struggling with your spiritual journey to Islam, I believe this book will help guide you. Seeing all these positives, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. The errors I found in it are minor and do not affect the overall quality of the book.

Harmony of My Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aishat Oyinkansola
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Aishat Oyinkansola »

Harmony of My Soul" chronicles Dr. Tita Gray's profound journey to Islam, candidly addressing challenges as a gay Muslim. Inspirational and transformative, it underscores faith's power over fear. A soul-stirring memoir, deserving of 5 stars.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

I love books that speaks about spirituality and its journey, awesome review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”