Review of Dangerous Escapades

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chitra Ayengar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitra-ayengar.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Review of Dangerous Escapades

Post by Chitra Ayengar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Dangerous Escapades" by Ian D. Withers.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Ian Withers was born and brought up in London. Ian’s father recognized his ability to thrive through difficulty at a very young age. Ian and his brother were being groomed to take over their family business, D. Withers & Sons, a building contracting concern.

His first case was to locate Mr. White, who had run out of his obligations. Despite the fact that Ian did this to save his building company, it was his first stint as a PI. He then started his career as a trainee with Kingston Detective Agency. After working with them for two years, he joined the Surrey Police. From harmless paper theft to bestiality, Ian witnessed crime in various forms, trying to find people who did not want to be found. After resigning from the police force, Ian and his brother started a detective agency, and his intelligence work moved to another level when Ian got associated with the African government on an issue of national security. Later, he took versatile cases and established himself as enterprising and investigative.

Dangerous Escapades by Ian D. Withers is the memoir of a controversial private detective that takes us on a captivating journey into the world of peril and intrigue. The majority of the perceptions of the day-to-day work of a detective come from TV shows, and after reading this memoir, I can safely say that most of it is not accurate. Ian’s nature of work frequently took him to the fringes of the underworld. The dangers he faced were acutely real. Once, a bullet nicked the end of his shoe, and another time, he escaped from a giant by aiming a fire extinguisher right at his face. This is a testament to the fact that Ian’s operations were incredibly intense and blunt.

This memoir also gives a deep insight into the life of a PI. They spend a lot of time doing surveillance sessions and outings, which can have a great impact on their personal lives. Ian’s narrative gives an idea of the taxing nature of his job. Despite being faced with dangerous situations and intimidation from the people they were investigating, Ian has always strived to solve every case with courage and integrity.

The depth to which human behavior can sink continues to surprise me. The interesting cases that varied from locating missing persons to doing background checks were mind-boggling to read. I think Ian would have experienced immense satisfaction in helping people solve their problems; hence, he remained a PI throughout his career. To conclude, I give this memoir 5 out of 5 stars. There is nothing to dislike in the book. I didn’t find any errors; hence, the book has been edited well. Ideal for readers interested in taking an illuminating and unflinching journey into the world of danger and intrigue.

Dangerous Escapades
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Osvaldo Borghese
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 75%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

Detectives and Private Investigators stories have always been some of my favorites. This looked to be very good for me. Thanks for your review.
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Sandre Lamar »

An absolute page-turner! The author’s writing style is engaging. This book is a must read.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 86303
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1388%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

gripping illuminating and in flinching account of steely memoir by ian nice to read i will recommend it
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Sandre Lamar »

I couldn’t get enough of the twist in this book. Highly recommended.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

It is such a huge privilege to be able to face difficulty with success.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”