Review of Two Hands

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nenye Lauraa
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-lauraa.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Review of Two Hands

Post by Nenye Lauraa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Two Hands" by Matt Potratz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In this book, the author recounts how his life became worth writing about within 12 seconds without any prior notice. He tells us how he used to have so much energy and had life going so well for him before the accident, which nearly cost him his life, save for God's miraculous intervention. The author also lets us know through this book that it's important to maintain very healthy relationships with our family and friends because they'll be the ones to help us when we cannot help ourselves. Also, he tells us how he didn't constantly complain about the things he couldn't change but maintained a positive mental attitude and tried to change the things he could even in his condition, and he encouraged us to always maintain a good relationship with God as he loves us so much. He also lets us know the kind of life he leads now without two functioning hands.

Two Hands by Matt Potratz is a non-fiction book that emphasizes the importance of valuing what we have while we still have it, even something as little as having our two hands because it can be taken from us in the blink of an eye. It goes on to explain that we should focus more on who we are in life than what we are, as the latter may not remain the same if our circumstances change, but the former will always remain what it is.

The fact that he was able to make me see life through his own eyes both before and after the accident makes this book endearing to me. I could clearly see the way he viewed life as professional snowmobiler Matt and as one-armed Matt. I also love the fact that the book is inspirational.

Although I generally love most things about the book, I dislike the fact that there were a lot of snowmobiling terminologies, especially in the early chapters, because it's not a very famous sport and not everyone can relate to the words.

I would rate the book five out of five stars because there were no grammatical errors, showing that it was professionally and exceptionally edited, and it has the ability to captivate me emotionally. I recommend this book to physically challenged people and to people who think they cannot move on from trauma or do much because they think the world as they know it has changed.

Two Hands
View: on Bookshelves
Raymonda Onwuka 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka-1.html
Latest Review: Butterfly Awakens by Meg Nocero

Post by Raymonda Onwuka 1 »

Life can be quite unpredictable and it is not easy to adapt to some circumstances especially the not so good ones . I love the fact the author choose to share this inspiring life story with us. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Sandre Lamar »

I loved how the author seamlessly weaves together multiple storylines. This is a motivational book. This book literally kept me engaged from start to finish.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

It's how certain incidents happen to us for us to notice the ones that loves us most and draw us more closer to God.
williams Emerald
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Trouble Ain't Nothin' But a Word
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by williams Emerald »

“Two Hands” by Matt Potratz offers a poignant journey through resilience, emphasizing the importance of cherishing life’s blessings and maintaining a positive mindset amid adversity. While the inclusion of snowmobiling terminology may limit universal relatability, the book’s inspirational message transcends boundaries, making it a compelling read for anyone facing challenges or seeking perspective.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”