Review of Brokenness to Better

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: The Fairy Tale of Peckham Rye Park by MeM Tekari

Review of Brokenness to Better

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Brokenness to Better" by A.C. Gracie.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Brokenness to Better" is A. C. Gracie's story of how she overcame the tribulations she faced in her life from a young girl to an adult. As a human in this world, she faced abuse, embarrassment, and was let down a couple of times, eventually drawing closer to God after most of these experiences. She shares how her formed closeness with the divine affected her resilience during different dark moments.

The book had its happy and not-so-happy moments. This shows that the writing was detailed enough to allow readers to understand. The author decided not to be too descriptive, thus ensuring that sadness was not evoked in excess. Despite this, I was taken through her journey with great understanding. The explanations of her relationships and family dynamics were well understood. This is a plus, as it helped to understand the lessons and get a full glimpse of her resilience as she stood closer to God.

The book's concise nature ensures that reading until the end will never be an issue for many readers; it is a fast read indeed. It is not just a fast read, but one that conveys the needed information adequately. When I read, I felt a sense of joy, particularly when I encountered brief testimonies, such as when she received positive emails. I smiled really well; this proved that I was so drawn in that I too was hoping for a happy moment.

I found nothing to dislike about the book; her stories were understandable, and I did not encounter many errors to detract from my reading experience. The positives stated and the absence of detracting factors lead me to rate the book a 5 out of 5.

I recommend the book to individuals who love to read memoirs, especially memoirs that detail struggles and journey to expected triumphs. Individuals who enjoy stories aligned with Christianity and working with Christian patterns will like this.

Brokenness to Better
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Raymonda Onwuka 1
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka-1.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Raymonda Onwuka 1 »

Thanks for your insightful review of Brokenness to Better. A.C. Gracie's strength in overcoming childhood abuse and finding healing through faith is truly inspiring. It sounds like a powerful story for anyone who's faced hardship and is looking for hope.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”