Review of B-17s Over Berlin: Personal Stories of Courage, Honor, Victory

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abraham Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Review of B-17s Over Berlin: Personal Stories of Courage, Honor, Victory

Post by Abraham Ozo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "B-17s Over Berlin: Personal Stories of Courage, Honor, Victory" by Ian Hawkins.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

B-17s Over Berlin: Personal Stories of Courage, Honour, Victory by Ian Hawkins. This book recounts the stories of various WWII veterans of the 95th Bombardment Group. Join these national heroes as they share their various experiences during their service years. This book offers authentic and insider information on the good and bad experiences of war. Grab a copy of this book to get a feel for what it was like in the lives of these brave soldiers.

I found a couple of reasons to like this book. Some of these reasons include: I liked the way this book was arranged in organized sections while the stories were being recounted; this made following the story a whole lot easier. Also, the photographs of soldiers and mission planning diagrams helped solve the problem of blank or vague thoughts during my reading experience.

I couldn't find anything to dislike about this book; although it was quite a lengthy read, the author did a great job of making sure that each read was engaging and also very captivating. However, I could not find any grammatical errors while reading through this book; hence, this book was exceptionally edited.

I will rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because of the reasons mentioned above. Also. This book is a credible means through which history can be preserved and passed from one generation to another. I also believe this book serves as a way of honoring the labors of the brave veterans of the 95th Bombardment Group.

I recommend this book to history enthusiasts, especially those interested in World War II aviation history and the experiences of bomber crews during the war, because it offers a firsthand account of the challenges and sacrifices endured by the B-17 crew members. Additionally, readers with an interest in military aviation technology and design may appreciate the details about the B-17 Flying Fortress and its significance in aerial combat. Also, those who enjoy personal wartime narratives, experiences, and the human side of history will definitely love this book.

B-17s Over Berlin: Personal Stories of Courage, Honor, Victory
View: on Bookshelves
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

I so much give respect to veterans and even when I'm opportuned to see a WWII veteran or read about them.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”