Review of 1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jay Alex
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: 1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened by Krishna Kumar

Review of 1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened

Post by Jay Alex »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened" by Krishna Kumar.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened by Krishna Kumar is a historic, non-fiction account of a series of events that occurred during the British-era occupation of India, up to a point where said dominance was gravely shaken and eventually crumbled. Read through to get familiar with and informed about notable people, fates, events, and locations that make up the story of fame, might, and rich culture in today's India.

The book is an excellent research guide for a curious reader, an educational researcher, and an intellectual student. I enjoyed reading this book and learned a great deal from the history discussed by the author. Reading from the author's perspective opened my mind and understanding to areas that I hadn't known or reasoned about before. I also like the professional editing work that was tasked with the publishing of this book; no less would be expected from a book and an author of this caliber.

The richness of information in this book, although pinpoint accuracy is not guaranteed, depicts the thoroughness of the author's research in putting together this beautiful work of literal infotainment. I find no reasonable point to dislike in this book, as it only seeks to entertain and inform an acute range of readers and broaden said spectrum through influence. The author's search for truth was deeply narrated in this book, and I enjoyed reading it.

I rate the book a full 5 out of 5 stars for the commendable editorial work, the meticulousness of the author's research, and the use of language in communicating the information within, such that it is easily digestible for readers of all inclinations.

I recommend this book, particularly to history-focused readers, although it also serves as a wonderful guide for readers who seek to know more about the subject and consequently have a great time enjoying a well-put-together work of literature.

1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”