Review of Lead-Er-Ship

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: The Fairy Tale of Peckham Rye Park by MeM Tekari

Review of Lead-Er-Ship

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lead-Er-Ship" by William Canary.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Lead-Er-Ship" is a book by William Canary that is expected to expose readers to different tips on being good leaders, navigating challenges, and effecting changes in society. The author, who has served in various positions throughout his life and observed different individuals, hopes to share his knowledge and the knowledge from others to guide and inspire interested individuals toward proper leadership.

The book contains a lot of citations from different individuals, making it extremely rich in knowledge. The cited texts are often elaborately explained by the author, sometimes with his own experiences from years of living. These ensure the book is as educative and understandable as intended. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The existence of various cited texts and stories makes the book appealing to individuals of different walks of life.

Leadership, as discussed in the book, is not just limited to the political sphere. The author seamlessly weaves through different spheres of life such as schools and other workplaces. I particularly liked that because it is important to address leadership in workplaces, as different companies shape society, and schools mold individuals who eventually lead companies and enter mainstream politics. Therefore, having tips accessible to them in books is greatly beneficial.

I found only one error when I read, and it did not detract from my reading experience. I couldn't note a dislike as the writing pattern was clear, and I learned a lot of lessons. The error was not significant enough to cause dislike. Due to all the positives and the lack of significant negatives, I would rate the book 5 out of 5.

This book is recommended for anyone aspiring to enhance their leadership skills, regardless of their professional background or level of experience. Whether you're a seasoned executive, a mid-level manager, or a student aspiring to enter the workforce, "Lead-Er-Ship" offers valuable insights and practical tips that are applicable across various industries and settings. Additionally, educators and scholars in the fields of business, management, and organizational studies will find this book to be a valuable resource for teaching and research purposes.

Lead-Er-Ship
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Lisa P Cowling
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The one that kills you by Rick Rothermel

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

The author did an amazing job with the book. It appears very informative and detailed. I appreciate the fact that the writing pattern was also clear. I cannot wait to grab a copy.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”