Review of Ho'oponopono

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: When Your Partner Dies by Millard Hiner

Review of Ho'oponopono

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ho'oponopono" by Arcelio Hernández Mussio.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Ho'oponopono by Arcelio Hernández Mussio is a book that discusses the ancient Hawaiian practice of spiritual healing and reconciliation. It talks about how forgiveness, love, and compassion can be powerful tools for resolving conflicts, restoring harmony, and achieving inner peace. Through practical insights and techniques, the book guides readers on a journey of self-discovery, offering a pathway to healing, transformation, and spiritual growth.

Ho'oponopono is a new concept to me, but it began to make lots of sense to me due to the similarity it has with Christianity. One aspect of this book that struck me was the importance of letting go of expectations and trusting in a higher power, often referred to as Divinity or God. Dr. Len, a practitioner of Ho'oponopono, teaches that true cleaning involves surrendering to the wisdom of the universe and allowing divine guidance to unfold naturally. Instead of trying to control outcomes, individuals are encouraged to embrace a state of "zero," where they let go of the past and open themselves to the possibility of divine intervention. There are lots more things that would amaze you about Ho'oponopono.

This book provides clear and accessible explanations of the Ho'oponopono practice. It breaks down complex concepts into simple terms, which makes it easy for readers to understand and apply the principles in their own lives. For example, it explains how the act of cleaning involves acknowledging negative memories and emotions and then releasing them to achieve inner peace. This approach ensures that readers can grasp the core teachings of Ho'oponopono with ease. The book emphasizes the power of forgiveness and love in healing relationships and overcoming past traumas. It offers practical techniques for practicing forgiveness, such as repeating the phrases "I'm sorry," "Please forgive me," "Thank you," and "I love you." These simple yet powerful words can have a profound impact on repairing relationships and releasing emotional baggage. This book was very clear and error-free, which shows how carefully edited the book was. The teachings of this book are beneficial to the family and society at large.

The only challenge I had while reading this book was that the font of the writing was so tiny that it was difficult for me to read it without bringing it too close to my eyes. Though this wouldn’t change the fact that the book is wonderful, I will rate it five out of five stars. This book is suitable for individuals who are open to exploring spiritual practices rooted in Hawaiian and new thought traditions.

Ho'oponopono
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Do Thi Huong
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-do-thi-huong.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Post by Do Thi Huong »

Great review! You've captured the key aspects of Ho'oponopono well. Having been familiar with this method for a while and practicing it myself, I can attest to its miraculous ability to transform relationships and release emotional baggage. This book seems like a valuable resource for anyone new to Ho'oponopono.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

I have watched the Hawaiians on the television and see how they relate to nature, I really want to know how they can achieve those peaceful nature.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”