Review of My Hope for Racial Harmony In America

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 277
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Jake the Last by Colin Payne

Review of My Hope for Racial Harmony In America

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "My Hope for Racial Harmony In America" by Richard Gordon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

My Hope for Racial Harmony in America is an insightful non-fiction book written by Richard Gordon. The book shares Richard Gordon's thoughts on potential solutions to the racial issues facing the United States of America. I feel that it will even help in other countries that have the same concerns.

Before including each essay he included in the book, the author explains why he wrote them. In addition to this, he provides a number of things that had an impact on his racial attitudes and poems, as well as two scenes that played a role in shaping him into the person he is now. The writing was uncomplicated and simple, making it convenient to comprehend.

I found the atrocities that African Americans had to go through that were discussed in the book to be appalling, but it was necessary for the author to get his point across. But just imagining the look of bewilderment on their children's faces must have been beyond indescribable, and I can't even begin to fathom how they managed to explain to their children that this was simply the way things were.

I lost count the number of times that this book has given me goosebumps because of the profound insight that the author is attempting to convey his plight to the reader. I enjoy reading works like this because I believe they will contribute to making the world a better place. Moreover, I wish that there were more books like this one so that individuals may become inspired and have a positive influence on society. And I was hoping that people could bring each other closer rather than tear each other apart.

The fact that this book contained a number of mistakes is the reason I reduced its overall rating by giving it four out of five stars. If I could, I would award it a perfect score. I'd still recommend this book to anyone who is willing to read it. If more people read this book and alter their perspectives on the racial problems that people face in the world, I feel that it will help make the world a better place. I also have a great deal of respect for this author and the insight that he possesses. There was nothing about it that could be considered negative, and the author did an excellent job of approaching the topic.

Although this book mentions church and religion in passing, it shouldn't deter anyone from reading it. Furthermore, I would recommend this book to African Americans, as well as everyone else who has the desire to make the world a better place and who does not see the colour of a person's skin but what is underneath.

My Hope for Racial Harmony In America
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

Racism in the United States have been around for ages, it is good to know people are speaking about it.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”