Review of When Your Partner Dies

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: When Your Partner Dies by Millard Hiner

Review of When Your Partner Dies

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "When Your Partner Dies" by Millard Hiner.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When Your Partner Dies by Millard Hiner is a book for anyone coping with the loss of a loved one. It offers advice and provides emotional support for those going through the journey of grief after the death of a partner. The book covers topics such as understanding grief, taking care of oneself, rediscovering independence, and considering moving on while honoring the memory of the deceased partner.

Self-care is what most people who lose their loved ones lack, and in most cases, they develop one issue or another. The author encourages readers to prioritize their mental, emotional, and physical well-being during this difficult time. It also provides various self-care activities, such as expressing emotions, seeking support from others, and maintaining personal hygiene, to help readers cope with their grief. One aspect of the book that stands out for me is its focus on rediscovering oneself after the loss of a partner. The author discussed the challenge of feeling lost and disconnected from one's identity, especially when so much of it was connected with the deceased spouse. The book encourages readers to embrace their own company, explore their interests, and make decisions independently. You will get to see more of these topics in the book.

One of the key strengths of this book is its compassionate tone, which provides comfort and reassurance to readers during their time of grief. The author writes in a clear manner, which makes the book accessible to a wide range of readers. The author also laid emphasis on self-care by providing practical advice on how to prioritize one's mental, emotional, and physical well-being while grieving. For example, he suggests activities such as journaling to express emotions, seeking support from loved ones, and engaging in physical self-care activities like getting enough sleep and maintaining personal hygiene. The author also discussed self-compassion and the importance of being kind to oneself during the grieving process. These are important topics the author touched on. What impressed me most is the author's ability to write the book in a way that seems as though he is sharing his feelings with the readers. The lack of errors portrays an excellent level of editing.

I observed while reading that the content of the book was jam-packed, maybe to manage space. For instance, there were black bullets within the sentence, which would have made more sense if the author had listed them; it would have made the book easier to read. Notwithstanding, the book is still deserving of five out of five stars due to the positives. And I will recommend this book to those who are grieving.

When Your Partner Dies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

I am glad that "When Your Partner Dies" by Millard Hiner was written to understand grief isn't easy, and to know what next step one should take is absolutely necessary.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1655
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: The North Factor by Ben Schneider
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

Very thorough review. It is sometimes difficult for people to handle grief without learning to continue living for themselves.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”