Review of Living Intentionally

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Clouded Thoughts by F.R. Puentes

Review of Living Intentionally

Post by Mayang Bature »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Living Intentionally" by Viterose Van huis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Living Intentionally" is a book written by Viterose Van Huis about living in a way that demonstrates humanity's interconnectedness and improves the overall quality of life. This entails understanding how one person differs from the next, which increases our empathy for one another. "Living Intentionally" is a simple book that addresses the issues of humane expressions toward one another, despite our disparate backgrounds.

Van Huis used her own story as an example when writing this book. Beginning with how she became a mother at a young age, she described the nuances of her experiences for a thorough understanding. The emphasis was on how a person's immediate environment can shape them. The limited parental support she received as a child influenced her choices, and this marked the beginning of her resolve to live intentionally and be a good role model for her own children.

The book carefully walks readers through her thoughts and actions, from being a good wife and mother to serving as a role model for her children to emulate. I liked her attitude toward whatever she found herself doing. This influenced her hard work while trying to make ends meet as an immigrant in the United States, as well as her understanding of her children's different personalities, allowing her to relate to them more personally. There was an effort to make sure this aspect was relatable for better understanding and I truly enjoyed that.

The author also discusses how living intentionally is linked to a healthy diet and positive thinking. She explains how the positive conditioning of our minds and bodies can help us live more fulfilled lives. I appreciated the fact that these points were not just suggested but had significant backing. Notable names such as Dwayne Dyer and Eckhart Tolle, well-known books, and commonly believed sayings were used to back up her points. The significant dedication to ensuring that everything in this book followed a logical process demonstrates the amount of research that went into this work. This factor also aided her as she navigated sensitive topics such as divorce and premarital parenthood, expressing how society can have biased opinions about these issues and how human empathy can put a stop to their negative effects.

"Living Intentionally" addresses important topics that have a positive impact on interpersonal relationships. It contained brief and direct thought processes, which attest to the author's high level of intelligence and learning experience. The single error I found attests to the attention given to its immaculate editing. I loved every aspect of this book and I rate it 5 out of 5 as a result. People who want to improve their quality of life through their thoughts and actions can greatly benefit from this book.

Living Intentionally
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.
Mary Lou Mills
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: The Buffalo Soldier
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-lou-mills.html
Latest Review: Happiness and Survival by Bob Gebelein
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Mary Lou Mills »

Your gracious review makes me want to read Living Intentionally. Thank you.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

I believe of the principles contained in "Living Intentionally" by Viterose Van huis one can make more friends.
Jason Ortega 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jason-ortega-1.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Jason Ortega 1 »

Living Intentionally by Viterose Van Huis is non fiction book which talks on been a good mother and role model for her children.
Olivier Muhammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Olivier Muhammad »

It seems like "Living Intentionally" by Viterose Van Huis is a highly recommended read. The book explores the interconnectedness of humanity and offers insights on improving our quality of life through empathy and intentional living. The author's personal experiences make the book relatable, and the emphasis on the influence of our immediate environment is intriguing. The incorporation of research and well-known references adds credibility to the concepts discussed. Overall, this book appears to be an excellent choice for those aiming to enhance their thoughts and actions for a more fulfilling life.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”