Review of Last Dance

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bron Bakers
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bron-bakers.html
Latest Review: French Kiss by Steve Bassett

Review of Last Dance

Post by Bron Bakers »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Last Dance" by Stephen Manning.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Last Dance is a memoir by Stephen Manning. In this book, the author vividly tells the tales of his family life, with a special focus on his wife, Mary Maryann Manning, whom he so loved. The book depicts the healthy family life of an average, decent American man who was fortunate to get it right with the thing called love. As he often let her know, she was everything he wanted in a wife and a loving mother. Stephen began this memoir with tales from his youth. He graduated from the University of Nebraska, where he studied economics and finance and minored in accounting. He soon got a job at the Inland Steel Company in the Chicago area. That was where he met a stunning young lady who happened to be the secretary to the VP of Sales at the company back then.

Life fast-tracked for Stephen, and he found himself walking that beautiful lady down the aisle. It was the beginning of many great life experiences that would follow. However, it was not all rosy for them. The family he started with Mary Ann encountered several challenges once they began to have children. The challenges ranged from work schedules to losing loved ones. How did their love win despite the storms? The reader would find out.

The book showed off the author’s remarkable storytelling skills. I liked how he explained major events in detail. It helped the pictures of what was written form in my mind without struggle. I also liked the simplicity of the book. The author avoided complicated words. Everything was written plainly. I learned several lessons from the story. One of the most important of them was how best to deal with challenges in marriage. Stephen always puts his family first. No matter what the job offered, he talked with his wife about it before accepting. When she showed displeasure with his busy schedule, he did not hesitate to make adjustments.

Although I enjoyed the book for many reasons, I disliked one thing about it. Some aspects of the book were repetitive. It created a monotonous reading experience for me at some point. The book was well edited, but I still noticed a few errors. The errors, however, did not cause any disruption in the flow of the story. The book was professionally edited. I rate this book four out of five stars. I deducted a star because of the dislike I stated above. However, it was an enjoyable read and a beautiful story of love and family. I recommend this book to everyone who is planning to start a family. You will get some insights from Stephen and Mary Ann Manning's story.

Last Dance
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

Love is a beautiful thing and love how Stephen Manning and American man found everything he desire in Mary Maryann Manning.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”