Review of Fireproof Happiness

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bethany Kroeger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bethany-kroeger.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Review of Fireproof Happiness

Post by Bethany Kroeger »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fireproof Happiness" by Dr. Randy Ross.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Happiness is an elusive state for many. How can one achieve and preserve it? For Dr. Randy Ross, the answer is hope. In the introduction to his self-help book, Fireproof Happiness, he states that happiness follows in the footsteps of hope and that if you embrace it, your life will be healthier, happier, and more productive. The book is a helpful resource that can assist the reader in cultivating hope in their life. Regardless of how challenging or bleak certain aspects of life may seem, the book encourages the reader to choose to be hopeful, and in turn, they can achieve happiness.

First off, Dr. Ross is a fantastic writer. His explanations, shared stories, and book structure are exemplary. He is very knowledgeable yet explains his ideas in a way that is not overwhelming and easy to grasp. I appreciate how he challenges the reader to be honest with themselves about the state of their life and internal beliefs. He states in numerous ways that hope is our defense against depression, negative thinking, and destructive behavior. If we cannot find a way to combat them, achieving happiness will be impossible. He does not mince words about the work an individual must do to maintain happiness and encourages and provides clear advice on how to put hope into action. Toward the end of the book, he includes a list of practices to help you summarize the principles he covers in the book and are easy to refer to when you’re struggling to maintain hope.

One of the most enjoyable sections of the book is when the author shares stories of people who have overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles in their lives. These individuals refused to give up hope and instead took action to change their circumstances for the better. As a result, they were able to attain happiness. I also appreciate the quotes he includes at the beginning of each chapter that summarize what you’re about to read.

I did not dislike anything about this book and would recommend it to most people I know. Everyone could use more tools to help them have hope and find more encouragement, support, faith, and purpose. This book will help you with all of that. It is not a book for children but is perfect for adults looking to find that elusive happiness. I rate it five out of five stars because it is an incredible self-help book that helped me and could help many others. It appears professionally edited, and the writing is spectacular. Dr. Randy Ross is a learned man who has excellent ideas for changing your life for the better. Do yourself a favor and pick this book up next.

Fireproof Happiness
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rita Shilisia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rita-shilisia.html
Latest Review: Passion Struck by John R. Miles
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Rita Shilisia »

I appreciate an authors' work more when they get to mention that its not a smooth road, one has to put in some work. Great review, this is definitely my next read.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”