Review of Saschaisms

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 339
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Review of Saschaisms

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Saschaisms" by Sascha Bridges Angela Ziska.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sascha was a special kid. He was on the autistic spectrum. He grew up with a special personality that diversified between being friendly, funny, critical, and even silly. His mother used to post the things he said on social media, and people liked them over the years. They even demanded that they be collected in a book. This is what happened in Saschaisms by Sascha Bridges and Angela Ziska. The book is a collection of the remarkable and diverse comments Sascha made and the little conversations he had with his mother.

Going through the book, I mostly smiled. I couldn't do anything but enjoy Sascha's wit and sense of humor. I admired his logic sometimes and how he could make you think by asking clear, simple questions that you might not have thought of before. He wasn't put in a mold like many other people, so his spontaneity was amazing. He made me laugh with his manipulative comments when he tried to escape a chore or school. I wondered about his mother's feelings when he always criticized her cooking. I liked how he always expressed himself courageously.

I didn't really dislike anything about the book. I might have some comments for a more preferred version for me. The font could be a bit larger. I also thought, in some situations, I would have liked to know more, like the surroundings of those comments or how the mom received them. However, my experience wasn't affected by any of those.

The book was a joyful read. I loved the pictures included, and they gave me a real connection to Sascha. The book was professionally edited. I could only spot one minor error. Therefore, I rate Saschaisms by Sascha Bridges and Angela Ziska five out of five stars. I see that the book can suit many people who would love to read something funny yet full of things that will make them think.

Saschaisms
View: on Bookshelves
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

It's so delightful to see how something that can be seen as sad be turned to something liked by people. For it to be collected in a book describes the love people had for Sascha.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”