Review of A Woman's Guide to a Virtuous Man and a Man's Guide to Virtue

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leia Temple
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leia-temple.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut

Review of A Woman's Guide to a Virtuous Man and a Man's Guide to Virtue

Post by Leia Temple »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Woman's Guide to a Virtuous Man and a Man's Guide to Virtue" by Spirit Ricks.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"A Woman's Guide to a Virtuous Man and a Man's Guide to Virtue" by Spirit Ricks is a short exploration of goodness and self-realization, firmly anchored in the tenets of Christian faith. This non-fiction book examines the dynamics that govern the interpersonal responsibilities of men and women. He further dissects the relationship between them by using the Bible as a compass. Ricks also acquaints his readers with the core spiritual principles that uphold a righteous existence. These principles include humility, repentance, love, joy, and peace. They all intertwine to induce spiritual growth and betterment.

This book was tailored for modern men and women who wrestle with the challenges of spiritual healing and inviting divine presence into their lives. The counsel proffered in Ricks' guide prompted me to reconcile with my dormant insecurities. The third chapter, dedicated to the principle of repentance, reminded me of how important self-forgiveness is, especially for past transgressions that tarnished my soul. The quotes shared by Ricks' mother and grandmother resonated with me. Their wisdom, when juxtaposed with biblical citations, amplified my understanding.

Furthermore, the book touched upon the prevalent culture of non-committal relationships. Ricks did an exceptional job of articulating his apprehensions about infidelity and casual intimate affairs. The author implied that an individual's degree of promiscuity did not constitute their identity. As such, I largely agreed with his advocacy for abstinence. The existence of fragmented families due to poor self-control highlighted the truth in his message. It was commendable of Ricks to also share his own personal journey towards self-discipline. The book was complemented by a soundtrack made by Spirit Ricks and his team, as well as an interactive sheet for assessing one's spiritual virtues.

"A Woman's Guide to a Virtuous Man and a Man's Guide to Virtue" proved to be an incredibly empowering read for men striving for godliness and also provided enlightening insights for me as a woman. There was nothing I disliked about this book; hence, I awarded it a full 5 out of 5 stars. I had no criticisms. The book will have a positive influence on the younger demographic. There was one brief mention of violence; however, it contained no profanity, and any errors present were minimal.

Given its biblical references and foundational ties to Christianity, "A Woman's Guide to a Virtuous Man and a Man's Guide to Virtue" would be most suitable for Christian readers, particularly those in adolescence or beyond. Moreover, it could be read by others who seek to adopt virtuous principles. This was a brilliant book, and it was heartening to witness Spirit Ricks fulfill the divine mission of propagating Christian values through his writing.

A Woman's Guide to a Virtuous Man and a Man's Guide to Virtue
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

To find a virtuous man isn't easy these days, same way it is for a man to find his virtue, this book "A Woman's Guide to a Virtuous Man and a Man's Guide to Virtue" by Spirit Ricks is guided by the Christian faith and Bible passages that supports it.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”