Review of Harness Your Emotional Intelligence

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nenye Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Review of Harness Your Emotional Intelligence

Post by Nenye Charles »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Harness Your Emotional Intelligence" by Clifton Brown.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

“Harness Your Emotional Intelligence” by Clifton Brown is a guide that teaches one everything there is to know about emotional intelligence. Again, it discusses the concepts of cultural intelligence, conflict management, and self-awareness, among others.

Human beings require emotional support and understanding much more than they need solutions to problems they face. Hence, there’s a need for us to employ emotional intelligence when dealing with people. A lack of this can have adverse consequences, as it creates a distance between both parties, including possible psychological and mental problems. Therefore, we can see why getting a copy of this book is extremely important.

One major takeaway in this book is when I got to understand that combining emotional intelligence, intelligence quotient, and cultural intelligence makes one most likely to succeed, both in relationships and decision-making. Cultural intelligence helps you relate to someone with a different culture from yours, as you’ll get to learn about the dos and don'ts of that particular culture.

In this book, you’ll learn how to manage your emotions, create healthy relationships, and build interpersonal skills. The author goes on to list some examples of people who used emotional quotient to improve their lives, such as Nelson Mandela, John McCain, and Oprah Winfrey. Again, there are practical ways to harness the emotional quotient through a 30-day challenge. All these practicals are basic and easy to follow. Furthermore, it’s necessary to explore strategies for building solid and lasting connections to maintain healthy relationships.

There was no aspect I didn’t like about this book. I learned a lot of valuable lessons, which I find beneficial to my life. Again, I found no errors while reading. For these reasons, I give it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to those who wish to create a change in their lives and become emotionally intelligent.

Harness Your Emotional Intelligence
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

Emotional intelligence is a broad topic and I like how “Harness Your Emotional Intelligence” by Clifton Brown is speaking so much about it as I am willing to learn more.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”