Review of Know Your Buyer!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Eternal Hero by William Grace
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Review of Know Your Buyer!

Post by Alice Heritage »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Know Your Buyer!" by D.L. Andrews.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When I was viewing a property a while back, the real estate agent mentioned that there were other interested buyers. They often do, of course - but she even gestured at some scraps of paper with notes of other potential buyers' details.

She could really have used a copy of Know Your Buyer!: Buyer Information Forms by D.L. Andrews. This is a book of 100 forms for real estate agents to fill out with all the essential information about a buyer and their needs. It will help them to remember all the important questions first time around. There's a section for the potential buyer's name and contact details, of course. This includes a space for specifying the preferred method of contact. I'd love it if real estate agents had that information in front of them when contacting me! There's another section for financing information, one about the specific details of the house sought, and a final section for information about children, pets and more. I thought it was great that this included "Any must haves?" as well as "Any must not haves?"

Personally, I find a bathtub and a balcony or some sort of open area pretty important. Knowing a buyer's preferences will increase efficiency because time won't be wasted on showing properties that either lack a must-have or feature a dealbreaker. D.L. Andrews has come up with the perfect resource for real estate agents to keep by the phone or carry in the car. I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Since the book is a paperback, users will find it easily portable. The paper is of decent quality, and the A4 size ensures plenty of room to write pertinent information. I wondered if some punctuation marks could be added in places, but that's a matter of formatting choice. There are no actual errors in the text on the forms or covers, so I can say this book is impeccably edited. The author may wish to consider including perforations so that the forms can be torn out, or maybe some divider tabs or bookmarks to make it easier to find a particular form. The cover features an abstract design that could be beautified, maybe by including a picture of a dream home. Also, the "Other Pertinent Info" section could include a few blank lines for specifying anything not mentioned elsewhere on the form, comprehensive as it is.

None of the above issues is a dealbreaker, so I can award this time-saving, nifty resource a rating of five out of five stars. Real estate agents will find it indispensable. Some of the financing information referenced is specific to the USA (the types of loan), but with a little adaptation the forms could be used by real estate agents in other countries.

Know Your Buyer!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

"Know Your Buyer!" by D.L. Andrews I believe is a good for marketers in the world as it's essential we do them in the world we are today.
Miriam Ratemo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-ratemo.html
Latest Review: Speedy Hurled Through Havoc by Dave Letterfly Knoderer

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

Amazing reviews indeed... I will have to update my bookshelf for sure. Great work to the author of this book
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Obsidian Tomorrow
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Sh*t Happens by Gavin L James.
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 48%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

Yes! Having just dealt with disorganized real estate agents ourselves, all of them would have benefitted from this form. Our time was wasted so much by showing us properties that didn't meet our (minimal tbh) requirements. Thanks for introducing me to this book, I'm referring it to every real estate agent we know hehe.
Alice Heritage

Post by Alice Heritage »

Stephen Christopher 1 wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 23:15 Yes! Having just dealt with disorganized real estate agents ourselves, all of them would have benefitted from this form. Our time was wasted so much by showing us properties that didn't meet our (minimal tbh) requirements. Thanks for introducing me to this book, I'm referring it to every real estate agent we know hehe.
The author did indeed have a great idea! Thanks for reading and commenting.
Mod
Risper Ouma Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

You're right, that real estate agents would really love this book because most of them just call us blindly and dint know anything about the buyers. I enjoyed this review.
Alice Heritage

Post by Alice Heritage »

Risper Ouma Anyango wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 20:58 You're right, that real estate agents would really love this book because most of them just call us blindly and dint know anything about the buyers. I enjoyed this review.
That's right - this provides such a handy tool for them. Thank you for reading and commenting!
Mod

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”