Review of The Four Commands of Christ

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eva Nyaburi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Review of The Four Commands of Christ

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Four Commands of Christ" by James Ford.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Four Commands of Christ by James Ford is a Christian book that teaches readers how to serve God and maintain a relationship with Him in modern times. James uses various Bible verses, Bible stories, and even his own life experiences to demonstrate how Christians are supposed to be guided by God's commandments, with a particular emphasis on the four commands. The book is a must-read for Christians because it addresses challenges that we may face in the modern world and serves as a reminder of the ultimate purpose of our lives, which is to grow in Christ and serve God in everything we do.

I liked the idea of developing a prayer life as a Christian. The book reminds us that prayer is a form of communication with God and even tells the story of Daniel in the Bible, who prayed to God three times a day and was saved from danger. I also enjoyed the tithing discussion. The author defines tithing and emphasizes the importance of tithing both our money and our time to God. Ford also includes a link to Dave Ramsey's blog (a discussion about tithing). There's also the important lesson of showing kindness and mercy to our neighbors, which would lead to a better society if everyone tried to be compassionate.

The repetition of the same scriptures in different chapters to illustrate different points was the only thing I didn't like about the book. I would have preferred that the author simply highlighted the main points rather than requoting the entire verse, i.e., Proverbs 22:6 was written several times.

I rate the book five out of five stars. I saw no reason to deduct any stars. The book had good editing, and I only found one grammatical mistake. I recommend this book to all Christians who are struggling to find their place in the world, as it provides assurance of God's children and purpose in life. It also guides and teaches about various topics, such as obedience to God, tithing, fasting, and so on.

The Four Commands of Christ
View: on Bookshelves
Jason Ortega 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jason-ortega-1.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Jason Ortega 1 »

The Four Commands of Christ by James Ford. The book talk how we can walk with God in a prefect way for example involving in the praying to God.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”