Review of South Dakota Crusader

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bron Bakers
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bron-bakers.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of South Dakota Crusader

Post by Bron Bakers »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "South Dakota Crusader" by Stephen L. Wilson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A great man is known not only by the wealth of his achievements but also by the number of lives he touched with those achievements. South Dakota Crusader: Francis Case’s Road to Congress by Stephen L. Wilson is a biography that describes in detail the life and works of Francis Case, one of the most notable Congressmen in South Dakota. The book looks into his personal life and public life and the impact of his life on his community. 

Francis Case was born to Herbert Llywellyn Case and Mary Ellen Grannis on December 9, 1896. His father was a minister, and he grew up close to his paternal and maternal grandparents. He began school and discovered his great talent for public speaking and debate. He led so many debate clubs, participated in many debate contests, and gave so many speeches. He finished school and joined the newspaper industry, where he became a great force. He also delved into politics, where he became one of the greatest congressmen in South Dakota. His life and achievements were very numerous and astounding. 

I loved the descriptive nature of the book. His life and works were described in great detail, making it easy for readers to follow through. I also enjoyed the little notes that were written at different points in the book from his personal diary, journals, and collections. The book also included historical events with references, which largely increased my knowledge base on the political landscape of South Dakota and the United States as a whole.

I did not dislike anything about the book. I loved the beautiful narrative writing style, which made it easy to read the book. I also loved the references at the bank, which can be referred to for further information. The photos and maps at the end of the book gave a vivid description of the events contained in the book, making it even more interesting to read.

Although it was a very long read, it was an interesting and informative read. I rate this book five out of five stars for its amazing and exceptional writing style. The book was expertly edited, and I found no grammatical or spelling errors while reading it. I recommend this book to individuals interested in learning about the life and works of the South Dakota Congressman, Francis Case, and his contributions to the development of South Dakota. I also highly recommend it for individuals interested in learning more about the political landscape of South Dakota and the United States as a whole. This is an excellent and exceptional read.

South Dakota Crusader
View: on Bookshelves
Tomi Ahmed
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: A Killer Within by Rosemarie B. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

This review beautifully captures the essence of "South Dakota Crusader: Francis Case’s Road to Congress" by Stephen L. Wilson. The detailed narrative style, inclusion of personal notes, and historical references enrich the reader's understanding of Francis Case's impactful life. The reviewer's appreciation for the book's writing style, thoroughness, and lack of errors reflects its high quality. Overall, a compelling recommendation for those interested in both the life of Francis Case and the political landscape of South Dakota and the United States.
Tomi Ahmed

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”