Review of A State of P.L.A.Y.S

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cristiano Bellucci
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 620%

Review of A State of P.L.A.Y.S

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A State of P.L.A.Y.S" by Veronica Hislop.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"A State of P.L.A.Y.S." by Veronica Hislop is a guide for anyone seeking to navigate the tumultuous waters of conflict resolution. In this powerful guide, the author presents a comprehensive framework, encapsulated within the acronym P.L.A.Y.S., that consists of five steps. This framework is designed to foster meaningful conversations and forge solutions that benefit all parties involved.

The journey begins with Preparation, where Hislop emphasizes the importance of introspection and self-awareness. Drawing from her field experience, she offers practical techniques, such as the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), to aid individuals in managing their emotions and approaching discussions with a calm mindset.

Moving forward, Hislop underscores the power of Listening, with its active engagement and empathetic understanding. Through simple practices like maintaining eye contact, asking clarifying questions, and withholding judgment, she shows the path to genuine connection.

In Addressing the Issues, Hislop advocates for clarity and transparency, with both parties articulating their emotions openly. By fostering an environment of honest communication, she lays the groundwork for collaborative problem-solving and constructive dialogue.

Yielding is the fourth step, wherein the author emphasizes the importance of compromising and understanding. By letting go of their desire to win, individuals can cultivate a sense of mutual respect and cooperation, paving the way for resolutions.

Finally, Safety underscores the importance of creating a space where all voices are heard and valued. By fostering an atmosphere of trust and respect, she empowers individuals to express themselves authentically.

I like the structure of the book. The author has deep expertise and provides readers with practical tools to navigate conflict resolution. I enjoy the case studies that further enrich the learning experience, offering real-world examples that illustrate the efficacy of the P.L.A.Y.S. framework in action. There is nothing I dislike about this book. The book is professionally edited, as I found only one error. Summarizing all of the above, I rate "A State of P.L.A.Y.S." by Veronica Hislop 5 out of 5 stars

In conclusion, I recommend "A State of P.L.A.Y.S." to anyone seeking to cultivate deeper connections, resolve conflicts, and foster positive change in their personal and professional lives.

A State of P.L.A.Y.S
View: on Bookshelves
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1025
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

The only problem that I can see with this system is the need for engagement by both parties to achieve satisfactory results. Many. Times either one party or the other does not even see that there is a problem. Thanks!
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:

Amy Luman wrote: 07 May 2024, 14:57 The only problem that I can see with this system is the need for engagement by both parties to achieve satisfactory results. Many. Times either one party or the other does not even see that there is a problem. Thanks!
You are so right, Amy! If there is a conflict, often one party is more than happy to support the fight. I like the approach about discussions between married couples. They can find in children their reason to find an agreement. They can find a higher value that is still important for both.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Conflict resolution indeed is a tricky topic to solve because people often felt that it's easier to just crush on the people and the problem. This book offers an interesting perspective on the conflict resolution teaching, thanks for sharing this
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:

Tomy Chandrafrost wrote: 13 May 2024, 08:24 Conflict resolution indeed is a tricky topic to solve because people often felt that it's easier to just crush on the people and the problem. This book offers an interesting perspective on the conflict resolution teaching, thanks for sharing this
Indeed, Tomy. The author is really knowledgable to show how to address conflicts in a very structured way.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”