Review of Lord of the Wind

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Princewill Uchenna
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princewill-uchenna.html
Latest Review: Tyrants, Tormentors and the Tiara by James J Meadows III

Review of Lord of the Wind

Post by Princewill Uchenna »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lord of the Wind" by Anthony Anonimo.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Lord of the Wind by Anthony Anonimo is a poignant and heart-wrenching memoir that delves into the author's harrowing experiences as he navigates through the tumultuous waters of addiction and mental illness within his own family.

From the tender age of eight, Anthony's world was irrevocably altered by his first encounter with mood-altering substances. He found himself spiraling down a treacherous path of addiction. For years, his life was a turbulent rollercoaster of jail and substance abuse, until that fateful day in 1985, when he resolved to chart a new course. His journey was suddenly rocked with a devastating blow when his beloved son, Tony, was diagnosed with schizophrenia. With the shattering news of his child's illness weighing heavily on his shoulders, Anthony found himself navigating the often treacherous landscape of mental health, all while grappling with his own inner demons.

This is a story of resilience, hope, and the enduring power of love. Through his unflinchingly honest and evocative prose, Anthony paints a vivid portrait of a father's unwavering dedication to his son, even in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds. He sheds light on the complexities of addiction and mental illness, as well as the toll it takes not only on the individual struggling with it, but also on their loved ones who are left to pick up the pieces.

The book portrays not only the struggles but also the triumphs and resilience of overcoming addiction, which is truly inspiring. It serves as a testament to the power of perseverance, self-reflection, and seeking help in the face of adversity. By sharing his personal journey, Anthony not only raises awareness about the dangers of addiction but also offers hope and encouragement to those who may be going through similar challenges.

Anthony's exploration of his son's schizophrenia sheds light on the challenges faced by those living with schizophrenia. This book prompts readers to reflect on the ways in which they can contribute to creating a more supportive and inclusive environment for individuals living with schizophrenia and other mental health conditions.

Though this book had many strengths, one weakness stood out to me. In chapters 93 and 94, the author told a certain story. This same story was repeated in Chapter 97. This took away from the flow of the story. It was a downside to an otherwise enjoyable book. I also found some errors, indicating that it was professionally edited.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. The dislike I expressed was not enough to deduct a star. Anthony's journey is a testament to the strength of the human spirit and the unbreakable bond between a father and his son, making this book a must-read for anyone who has ever grappled with addiction, mental illness, or the complexities of familial love.

Lord of the Wind
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Olivier Muhammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivier-muhammad.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olivier Muhammad »

Howdy y'all! After reading this review, I reckon "Lord of the Wind" by Anthony Anonimo sounds like one powerful book worth diving into. With its honest and poignant storytelling about addiction, mental illness, and the unbreakable bond between a father and son, it seems like a real page-turner. The author's resilience and determination seem downright inspiring, and I reckon it's great how he sheds light on the challenges faced by those with schizophrenia. Y'all should give it a whirl! Evocative descriptions, brought scenes to life vividly.
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshua-sawders.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Joshua Sawders »

Hey there, I gotta say, after reading this review, I think Lord of the Wind by Anthony Anonimo sounds like an amazing read. It seems to tackle addiction and mental illness with raw honesty and compassion. The author's journey to overcome his own struggles and support his son through schizophrenia is truly inspiring. Sure, there might be a couple of minor issues, like repeating a story and some editing errors, but overall, it sounds like a five-star book. I'm definitely adding it to my TBR list! Compelling climax, left me breathless with anticipation.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”