Review of Sammi Super Snapper

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The Work of My Mother's Hands: A Caregiver's Journey by Dr. Kiplee Bell

Review of Sammi Super Snapper

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sammi Super Snapper" by Rachel Williams.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Nail biting is a very common habit, and 45% of all teenagers have it. Nail biting generally occurs when you are under stress, anxiety, or performance pressure. There are consequences of nail-biting, like short and damaged nails, as well as health concerns like redness, swelling, and pus collecting due to bacterial infections. The self-help book Sammi Super Snapper by Rachel Williams explains a simple science-based technique that can help you break this habit.

There are a lot of things I liked in this book. First, this book is graphic-heavy rather than text-heavy. It teaches the method through fun imagery, colorful graphics, and illustrations. It also uses a humorous and encouraging tone to motivate the person reading the book to take action. The inclusion of real pictures in the book adds to its impact. Also, the method shared in the book is really simple to apply. The book also provides a step-by-step process to break the habit. It also mentions the statistics and science behind the methods it teaches. The best part about the book is that after teaching everything, it shares a 30-day roadmap to break the habit. The roadmap contains a journal with blank lines for up to 30 days to fill out the details required to track the progress of breaking the habit. The editing is done professionally, and it's flawless.

What is unbelievable is that the author herself is a teenager, and she brought her quirky side to writing this book. She wrote a short book that can be finished in an hour or two, but the impact is massive. While reading it, I even got the idea of how to break my other annoying habits using the same science and technique.

There is not much to dislike about this book. The only thing is that it seems to target a female audience more throughout its content. It could have been for everyone.

I would rate this book 5 out of 5 stars, as it is a perfect guide that makes a difference in the lives of teenagers. I would recommend this book to young people or teenagers, especially girls, who need to overcome this nail-biting habit.

Sammi Super Snapper
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”