Review of Prince of Drones: The Reginald Denny Story

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: World Tour by Mike Sherer

Review of Prince of Drones: The Reginald Denny Story

Post by Veronica Hunter »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Prince of Drones: The Reginald Denny Story" by Kimberly Pucci.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Reginald Leigh Dugmore is a young boy with talent and a pretty face. His pretty face landed him his first role at the age of seven. He continued to act until he was 10 years old, when his mother died of pneumonia. His father, a traveling actor, has no luxury of time to stay home and cater for him or his siblings, so he was sent to live with his aunt and cousin. Reginald, still young and suffering the death of his mother, was faced with a different side of life from what he used to know and experience in his well-catered-for home. Reginald has to face life as referred to as a pretty lassie; he was sent to a boarding school. How will his life unfold from here on? Read Prince of Drones: The Reginald Denny Story by Kimberly Pucci to find out how the young boy navigates through the great adventure of life.

This amazing book gives a full insight into the life of Reginald Denny as he takes on different adventures and opportunities towards attaining success. The book highlights the dedication to family, work, and innovation and a fulfilled life filled with passion and attainment of greater heights. The book teaches that with resilience and the right mindset and skill set in place, one can attain success. Aside from passion and hard work, the feeling of curiosity was well detailed, as it is one of the driving forces for Reg’s continual walk toward success. Also, an understanding of one’s self and one’s dynamic traits will help create and give a direct and clear path to one’s journey in life. The loss of family and loved ones also played a great role in shaping Reg’s life and his outlook on life. This book also shows the complexities of balancing one’s personal life with a career and the difficulties that occur when that pendulum is not well balanced.

There are a lot of things I love about this book. The life of Reg is so relatable. His effort, hard work, pain, disappointments, achievement, betrayal, and loss are all things that are bound to occur in every man's life and at different points in it. I specifically love how the author showcased the resilience and adaptability Reg shows in the face of adversity, and this made him unstoppable and almost untouchable by any form of disaster, even though he keeps fighting battles every point of the way. Reg’s life was a blend of highs and lows, marked by his passion for life and the arts, as he never lost sight of the things he loved or had a passion for. Even when life drifted him far away and knocked him down with heartbreak, he still found means to come back and rekindle his passion. I love the fact that the author made the effort to input several graphics of the life Reg lived, which made the book more interesting to read and brought Reginald Denny's face to the readers.

There is nothing I dislike about the book; this nonfiction tale of an excellent life rich in passion and legacy is a complete page-turner from beginning to end.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. The writing style made it very easy for me to empathize with and understand the life the protagonist had lived. Additionally, the book is exceptionally well edited. I recommend this book to lovers of aviation enthusiasts, anyone who reads memoirs, and lovers of Hollywood golden age stories. This book offers a rich and diverse tapestry of stories that would appeal to a diverse audience with varied interests.

Prince of Drones: The Reginald Denny Story
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ifeanyi Nwokike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Ifeanyi Nwokike »

The book "Prince of Drones: The Reginald Denny Story" by Kimberly Pucci is a fascinating account of Reginald who had to go through challenging moments from childhood that shaped his adult life. His life struggles are relatable as most men go through the same. You can't help but empathise with Reginald's experiences while reading through the book. Well-done.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”