Zia Lennox, is she a sexaholic?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2021 Book of the month, "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Zia Lennox, is she a sexaholic?

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

She’s admiring his body while he’s admiring all of her.Both of their movements seem to appear in slow motion to the other. His muscular legs move gracefully, in consideration of his generous package. Her eyes inadvertently bulge at the sight. Her skin tingles and her eyes make love to his chest. Her vaginal muscles retract, so she squeezes her thighs together, attempting to douse the flames.
(Location 324 of kindle version)

Zia, our protagonist easily entangled in a love triangle. Both her lovers had dark secrets to which she was oblivious. At often times she missed to see the obvious things. She was blinded with the erotic experiences she had and could not penetrate through and see the real character of her lover. But before that she just had one friend, Jazz,  and Jazz had to drag Zia to get socialized with her co-workers.
She’s admittedly not brave in her personal and social life, so she balances her cowardice by slowly morphing into a beast in her professional life.
(Location 137 of Kindle version)
Her family insists she’s anti-social, though she isn’t. She’s an impatient ambivert and that’s easily misconstrued as many things.
Location 170 of Kindle version)

What do you think about her character qualities? Is she a phlegmatic character? Or is she an introvert? Or is she a sexaholic? Or did she merely seek love and care for herself? Or is she merely a victim of anxiety disorder and do things in certain ways to avoid getting succumbed to that?
BookBoyP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookboyp.html
Latest Review: Purges of the Soul by Cathy S Birn

Post by BookBoyP »

I would not go as far as using the word sexaholic. With women with high libido, once they are attracted to some one, they let their wild side out. The author was able to capture this fact perfectly in this book.
Ari Martinez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Victoria's Choice
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ari-martinez.html
Latest Review: Finding A Way Forward by Karen Games

Post by Ari Martinez »

BookBoyP wrote: 03 Aug 2021, 00:47 I would not go as far as using the word sexaholic. With women with high libido, once they are attracted to some one, they let their wild side out. The author was able to capture this fact perfectly in this book.
I agree fully that the word sexaholic is not the proper word to describe Zia. I would also add that I suffer from social anxiety and I saw much of myself in Zia, so I think she most likely suffers from it too.
malik khaizran
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malik-khaizran.html
Latest Review: The Shade of Highfall by Mark O'Dell

Post by malik khaizran »

Zia, our protagonist easily entangled in a love triangle. Both her lovers had dark secrets to which she was oblivious. At often times she missed to see the obvious things. She was blinded with the erotic experiences she had and could not penetrate through and see the real character of her lover. But before that she just had one friend, Jazz,  and Jazz had to drag Zia to get socialized with her co-workers.

She missed obvious things because she is living a normal working women's life. We are the ones who are reading a thrilling murder mystery, things that are obvious to us are because we are taking hints from the writer. She is just living her life.
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeraldlaurice012.html
Latest Review: Poetic Thoughts of a Young Lion in the Asphalt Jungle by Steven Ederson Sr

Post by emeraldlaurice012 »

I think sexaholic is not the right word. She's sex-empowered. She knows to embrace her sexuality and knows there is nothing to be ashamed of for doing so.
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

I think she is an introverted extrovert. Definitely, the lust has gotten to her, but then again "others" were clever as well. At this of where I'm at in the story, I wouldn't say she is a sexaholic. Or else why would she say the famous quote of lust being what it is and nothing else?
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

She's just comfortable in her sexuality, in my opinion. I love to read about people who have so much confidence in their sexuality. They know what they want, and they go for it, no pretence, no hypocrisy. That's very empowering, I must say.
Naaya123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naaya123.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Naaya123 »

I don't think calling her a sexaholic is accurate. She's more of a sexual and confident women. There's nothing wrong with enjoying sex and having it often. In her case, I think she's just someone who's comfortable and confident with their sexuality.
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

I do not believe that she is a sexaholic. Some women just love sex, and are confident enough to go after it when and how they want. I believe Zia is one of these women.
Karlee Berrios
Currently Reading: House of Earth and Blood
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karlee-berrios.html
Latest Review: Chameleons by Onyx Gold

Post by Karlee Berrios »

I don’t think she’s a sexaholic. I think her anxiety and fear of rejection make her afraid to say no. I’m almost done with the book and there’s a scene where it is very clear she doesn’t want to be doing the things she’s doing, but she’s almost too frozen in fear to stop it. And the people who pursue her in that way definitely cross the line from seduction into coercion.
Abisolalawal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abisolalawal.html
Latest Review: Wellness Toolbox by Don Roberts

Post by Abisolalawal »

I think we need not mistake confidence for sexaholic. I believe having confidence to go for what you want is sexy in a way but I wouldn't confine Zia to being a sexaholic.
Brandy_Nyongesa
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandy-nyongesa.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Brandy_Nyongesa »

I don't think she is a sexaholic. I think she's just more adventurous with her sex life. This is a very unique character because most women are not confident with their sexuality.
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

She's trying to make up for what she lacks in her personal life and she isn't anti-social. So she isn't an introvert and not sexaholic. Zia is blinded by lust and not able to see the true lovers which also says that she is controlled by her emotions.
Precious DA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-da.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Precious DA »

I do not see Zia as a sexaholic. She is just confident about her sex life and likes exploring her sexuality. Zia loves sex and is confident about it, unlike most people of the same gender.
John Owen
Currently Reading: Baggage
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: The Face of Fear by R. J. Torbert
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 111%

Post by John Owen »

It is either she has sex too frequently, or she loves sex. If the latter, she's absolutely sexaholic.
Harmony in chaos. It's all a matter of perspective.

Return to “Discuss "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold”