Zia Lennox, is she a sexaholic?

Use this forum to discuss the August 2021 Book of the month, "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold
Maddie Atkinson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Julia Chapman
Favorite Book: gender euphoria
Currently Reading: A Date with Justice
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maddie-atkinson.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis
fav_author_id: 84942

Re: Zia Lennox, is she a sexaholic?

Post by Maddie Atkinson »

Sex can be incredibly empowering for women, so I do not think that sexaholic is the correct word. She may be introverted but women like to have sex as much as men and if they are comfortable with someone then we are willing to let the introvertedness go and embrace our sexuality, even those who have social anxiety. I think that is more like what Zia's character is like, sexaholic is never really the correct term to describe anyone.
"I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence" - Augustus Waters (The Fault in Our Stars)
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

I do not believe that she is a sexaholic or an introvert. In my opinion, she is a unique and confident woman. So what if she's anti-social with some people and is entangled in a love triangle. There's nothing wrong with having sex. Zia does what she wants and enjoys, and I think it's her way of loving and caring for herself.
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

I don't think we can call her a sexaholic. I mean we see her embracing what she felt. Most of us indeed tend to ignore the obvious signs when we like someone, no matter if it's a man or woman. We can't judge her for exploring sexually. She is confident enough about it and that's okay.
Pelums
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Pelums »

I don’t think calling her sexaholic is the appropriate word to describe Zia. I think she was expressing and embracing her sexuality and confidence. Although she loves sex
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Post by Miriam nkere »

I don't think she is sexaholic, shes a rare and unique character, sex is a sweet, passionate and romantic thing. Zia lennox is confident and comfortable with her sexuality which most woman are not. She explored every of her moment to the fullest with her two different lovers.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 510
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

I am about 25% through the book, and I do not think that she is a sexaholic. Yes, she does have problems that stem from her childhood and the way she was treated by men once she got older. But the fact that she is able to be so confident in herself when it comes to sex is commendable.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
6eyed
Currently Reading: Pedro Paramo
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-6eyed.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by 6eyed »

Zia doesn't throw away her relationship for sex, she only engages in it when she gets emotionally carried away. Her main motivation is to feel wanted, not the physical aspect of sex. If she were a sexaholic, she would not have had reservations about having sex with a stranger (Amahle's boyfriend) near the end of the book.

As for her anxiety disorder, I feel like the author started out with a certain character type in mind for Zia then changed it without updating the beginning of the book. Though I would have enjoyed reading about how her relationships allow her to become more confident and therefore more confident in her sexuality, her anxiety is mostly gone after her relationship with Bryce begins. This whole development is done off-screen, so I felt like the author neglected to connect her anxiety to her sexuality in a meaningful way.
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Post by Harty Muli »

Zia is a picture of the modern woman who knows what she wants and goes for it fully. She knows her potential as a sexual magnet and seeks to take advantage of it fully. So she is sexually empowered and uses the man at her every whim.
Chimuka Muungo
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimuka-muungo.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire - Personal Workbook by H. J. Chammas

Post by Chimuka Muungo »

I do not think she was a sexaholic. I do believe though that her relationship with Bryce went on for too long without sexual intercourse that it was no suprise that she found herself in the arms of Baxter who she was already attracted too even before any physical interaction. And he kept on filling that void each time she went to New York.
Unsullied
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unsullied.html
Latest Review: The Thundering Herd by John E. Peltier

Post by Unsullied »

I think sexaholic is a strong term that does not accurately describe her. I do not know if it's just me but I see the excerpts you gave as very normal ways women express themselves sexually. Maybe some don't say it out loud but If we could read their minds we could definitely see it.
Twylla
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Favorite Book: Project Tau
Currently Reading: Intwine
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twylla.html
Latest Review: Contagion Domination by William Nisol
fav_author_id: 165843

Post by Twylla »

I think Zia just had self discipline issues. After she made a commitment to Bryce, she should have been able to control herself. I think Bryce was a little too forgiving of such a serious failure. It speaks to her character.
britcott30
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Hello, My Love
Currently Reading: The Overdue Life of Amy Byler
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britcott30.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by britcott30 »

I think she is not a sexaholic. She still has feelings for her opposite and does not recklessly pick some random guy on the street to have sex with her. I just think she is very confident with her sex life.
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Post by ciecheesemeister »

No, if she were a sexaholic there would be a lot more men on her roster than just Bryce or Baxter. She's insecure and feels that her worth lies in men finding her attractive. Insecurity can lead people to do a lot of foolish things.
Elendu Ekechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

I won't use the word sexaholic for her. She might have had sex a quite number of times but it was limited to only certain persons, she didn't sleep with everyone she met.
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

I wouldn’t say she was a sexaholic only because if the roles were reversed and it was a man doing the same thing he would be considered a player with great sex appeal to the opposite sex. So in this case I would say that she is a women with sex appeal to the opposite sex and uses it to its fullest. No caring to what the consequences may be.

Return to “Discuss "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold”