Overall rating and opinion of "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold

Use this forum to discuss the August 2021 Book of the month, "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold
Joyce Jamengo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold

Post by Joyce Jamengo »

Chameleons by Onyx Gold is a book that has mystery and romance which captivates you from start to end, keeping you on your toes wondering what comes next for the characters and of course if it has a happily ever ending.

The characters in themselves are very fascinating as indicated in the description of each of them by Onyx. The love triangle and internal conflict Zia experiences and the confusion as to whether to follow true love or physical attraction even though some would say is cliché is well written. When she finally gets her “aha” moment and decides to come clean and the conflict and guilt she experiences tells a lot. The fact that Onyx has also included her OCD and anxiety especially by the main character brings along another dimension to the book.

I would definitely recommend the book to other people and give this book a 5 out of 5 star rating.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

This book is a romantic masterpiece. I liked almost everything about this book- language, storyline, characters, and the plot twists. The profane scenes added even more spice to the book. Zia's character was wonderfully portrayed- a sweet, innocent girl who trusts too easily. There was only one negative point about this book- the story was too fast-paced. Otherwise, this book is wonderful.
Ndive Mzamo
Currently Reading: The Price of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndive-mzamo.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ndive Mzamo »

It is interesting book about romance, murder, revenge. Written in fast- paced. I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars because it was professional proofread. Its recommended for mature audience because of some sexual explicit.
Favour AN
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-an.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Favour AN »

Although I did not appreciate the fast pace of the story. I think the author did exceptionally well. I appreciated the development of characters like Zia. Amazing book. Deserving of BOTM. I would rate it four out of four stars.
Taunya Miller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taunya-miller.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Taunya Miller »

I loved the storyline as well as the characters. I did find it to be too wordy (if that is even the word I'm looking for) in the beginning. I also found quite a few errors. All-in-all I did enjoy it and would recommend it to other fans of the genre that I know. I gave it a rating of 3 out of 4 stars.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 853
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

This is an interesting book and the author made sure that the story of the characters were well built. I love how the author took Zia's relationship and built it slowly and carefully. It made the book interesting. I rate the book 4 out of 4.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

The book to me was amazing. I loved how the author took time to develop the characters. I loved the fun friendship of Zia, whom her name just slipped my mind. But when she started loving the manuscript, I kind of suspected that a big thing was coming, but I admit, I didn't see it that way. The book should be read by people who are into romance, mystery and thriller. For me, I'd give it 4 out of 4 stars.
Kenesha Latoya Fowler
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenesha-latoya-fowler.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kenesha Latoya Fowler »

It's alright. I liked that the author was able to maintain the suspense. This is mostly what kept me reading. I didn't care much for Zia, and I found that more emphasis was placed on her illicit relationship with Baxter than what she had with Bryce. The writing was too on the nose, and the time jumps were confusing at times.
"No one is ever satisfied where he is," said the switchman.
~from The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupéry~
Choky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choky.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares

Post by Choky »

This book is mind blowing full of interesting twists. This book feels like a soapopera because of the romance and love triangles. I would recommend to anyone that is into drama.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

personally, I don't like romantic books and erotica that much, which is what this book is about, however when the author added the thriller part of it, and the homicide, it made it a lot more interesting to read, because it doesn't have just love and intimate scenes to read about, there is something existing that happens that makes you wonder what will happen at the end, with all that being said I still would rate it a 3 out of 4, because the author got immersed into the killer part that he was swayed and forgot to develop the love triangle which made the story a little incomplete and the love triangle unnecessary
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

I enjoyed reading Chameleons. I thought that the plot was well developed and I loved the characters, especially Zia who seemed innocent. Some of the interactions were a bit predictable, but isn't that always the case with love triangles? Predictability is not a bad thing in itself, as many situations in life follow a pattern of sorts. I enjoyed the intensity of emotions and I would give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

The author did a good job in creating a love triangle. It's great when romance and suspense comes together, make it more interesting .
I think "the chameleons" is a great book📕.
:tiphat:
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by Goodness C N »

In my opinion, I believe that if a book makes it to the book of the month, then it is totally an interesting one. The writing style employed by the writer was superb and the plot line was sweetly intertwined. I give it a rating of four out of four stars.
Lee-2u
Currently Reading: Mirror, Mirror...? A Modern Day Fairy Tale
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lee-2u.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Lee-2u »

I liked the book, I rated it 4 out of 4 stars. Chameleon is a perfect mixture for romance and crime thrillers. I enjoyed the love triangle, it was entertaining.
Oluoma C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluoma-c.html
Latest Review: Dread Tribunal of Last Resort by Brian Kaufman

Post by Oluoma C »

This book is interesting and keeps on intrigued till the end,the author did well with the storyline,love, romance,muder etc. everything that makes a story interesting. However I won't recommend this book for everyone,as many may not like the horror part of this book.

Return to “Discuss "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold”