Overall rating and opinion of "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold

Use this forum to discuss the August 2021 Book of the month, "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold
Lomyders
Currently Reading: Multiple streams of internet income
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lomyders.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold

Post by Lomyders »

A topnotch masterpiece by Onyx Gold. Zia's love life is on the spot; an interesting plot, very captivating to read. Character development is splendid. With minimal errors, I rate this book 4 out of 4. I recommend to readers who like romance and mystery genre.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

This book was incredibly thrilling and entertaining. I read it in one sitting and the adrenaline rush I got throughout was incredible. Drama is one of my favourite genres, and second to that is romance. So since both of these were present and major in the book, it ended up being very enjoyable for me. I would give it a 4 out of 4.
fiona monroe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fiona-monroe.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by fiona monroe »

I absolutely love this book. I even recommended it to my book club. The book has romance, crime, and exciting mystery woven into a thrilling story. I love most of the characters in the book and felt invested in some of them. I wish the author had given more consideration to the development t of the relationships between some of the characters. Particularly, the relationship between Bryce and Zia seemed a bit unrealistic to me. However, I enjoyed the book and would read it again. A four out of four stars for me.
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

Chameleons by Onyx Gold is a book that delves into Romanticism. The character made several mistakes that were not to be. The author did a good job of creating this book.
Jack Watson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-watson.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Jack Watson »

The book has elements of crime and mystery genres. I think the inclusion of these genres in a romance novel makes it more interesting. I found the crime content more engaging than the romance aspects. I would recommend the book to romance novel enthusiasts interested in a book with a twist.
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

Well, a fantastic thriller it is full of mysteries entangled in contemporary issues like love, murder, women empowerment, deceit. The plot flows well and connects the events with great character development. It's a 4 out of 4 stars for me.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

Yes, it really is narrated by a gecko, and a gecko who is a reincarnation of Jorge Luis Borges at that. A gecko that laughs. And dreams.

Maria Helena, my Brazilian friend who recommended it to me, informs me that a gecko in Portuguese is osga. Which makes me think of a drum-playing, glass-shattering inmate of a mental hospital. This is stylish, and witty, and beguiling. A dream-like examination of identity and memory and literature. But ignore the blurb that calls it 'as brisk as a thriller', for that it is not. There is a murder, but it takes a small while to get there. Der Weg ist das Ziel.
Fajarr
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fajarr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Fajarr »

The book totally deserves to be the BOTM. The story is fast paced and with everything happening so quickly, the readers are bound to be glued to the book. I really liked how the author uses the love triangle aspect but maintained the suspense level through out. I really enjoyed the book.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Faruqinspired
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faruqinspired.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Post by Faruqinspired »

The book is a perfect candidate for the BOTM. Readers will likely be glued to the book because of how swiftly everything happens in the plot. I enjoyed how the author included the love triangle element while still keeping the suspense level high. The book was fantastic, I thought.

Return to “Discuss "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold”