Overall rating and opinion of "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold

Use this forum to discuss the August 2021 Book of the month, "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold
Abisolalawal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abisolalawal.html
Latest Review: Wellness Toolbox by Don Roberts

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold

Post by Abisolalawal »

This is a very captivating book from start to finish. I am looking forward to reading the next series in this book as I enjoy reading any book that combines romance and crime. I like how the author made it relatable to everyone who picks the book up to read. The plot is also on point and I like the character development as well. Overall, this is a good book that keeps the reader in a suspense from start to finish.
Brandy_Nyongesa
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandy-nyongesa.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Brandy_Nyongesa »

This book is extremely amazing. The BOTM title is well deserved. I enjoyed the romance drama from the love triangle to the way the murder issues have been brought out. This book should not be recommended to children or anyone sensitive to nudity. I would rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars since it is well-established story.
Karlee Berrios
Currently Reading: House of Earth and Blood
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karlee-berrios.html
Latest Review: Chameleons by Onyx Gold

Post by Karlee Berrios »

I really loved the concept and the foundation of the story. My issues lie with the details. I think the author showed their hand, so to speak, too early. The villain is revealed the second he makes an entrance in chapter two. And some of the erotic scenes made me cringe due to the word choices.
Bernadette Avelar
Currently Reading: Harvey the Hippo
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bernadette-avelar.html
Latest Review: The Commander by Dan E. Hendrickson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Bernadette Avelar »

Romance and Revenge make a spicy recipe for one hot book. Add a twist of saucy characters and a pinch of suspense and you have a book that will keep you cooking from beginning to end!
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

The book is an amazing blend of everything just perfect. It has captivating romance, eroticism, thrill, action and suspense. These are literally the genres I live to read. The storyline is so different from other novels with handsome men and erotic romance. I first felt like Zia might turn into a damsel in distress, but the story took very unexpected turns. She is a brilliant character. The story on the whole is worth admiring as well.
Sudhanshu Jaswal
Favorite Book: Last Train to Istanbul
Currently Reading: The Memory Painter
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sudhanshu-jaswal.html
Latest Review: Living Forward After Loss by Kathleen Ho

Post by Sudhanshu Jaswal »

This is good book. Thriller and Revenge plot is good. Some people can find themselves in awkward situation as it is very high is eroticism. Zia was fabulous.
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: The Water Bear by Groucho Jones

Post by Chiwelite O »

First, I enjoyed how the plot developed, and one could follow the storyline easily. For instance, we saw Zia and Bryce's relationship grow and blossom. Also, the love triangle, although messy, came with it an intriguing feeling. I enjoyed that it felt I could relate to the book too. I recommended for adult book readers like myself.
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

I absolutely love romantic books, but I think the most captivating thing in the book is that the female lead, Zia, has an anxiety disorder. The female lead being not-so-perfect makes this book more relatable for the audience. The portrayal of the leads as always being perfect is something that takes away the charm of a book. So, I think being not-so-perfect is what makes this book perfect.
jeanmtdb
Favorite Book: Devil Among Us
Currently Reading: The Dragons of Chiroptera
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanmtdb.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jeanmtdb »

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Romance is not my preferred genre but Chameleons by Onyx Gold is so much more than a steamy romance novel. There were so many surprises throughout the book that held my interest. I favored Jazmine's character as she was a supportive friend with good advice and a lot of encouragement. I think the author did a wonderful job of holding the readers interest with well-developed characters and a moving plot.
Chimuka Muungo
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimuka-muungo.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire - Personal Workbook by H. J. Chammas

Post by Chimuka Muungo »

I absolutely loved reading it from beginning to end. Im a sucker for romance and love triangles. I particularly liked the serial killer storyline woven into it. Gold gave us a peek into the possible lines of thought that must go through ones head to behave in that way and harm innocent people.

The part of almost all the main characters being millionaires or billionaires was a little bit far fetched to be realistic, especially the revelations about Jazmines status. I still thouroughly enjoyed it. The plot twists that kept on being thrown in had me engrossed from beginning to end.
Valerie Garske
Currently Reading: the girl who know Davanci
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-garske.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valerie Garske »

While I liked the steamy aspect of the book, and it was a good thriller, there were incongruities about Zia, that I did not like. I had a hard time believing someone who suffered from anxiety could travel to New York alone and end up in an affair. The author did not have to depict her as so shy, because she was not for most of the book.
Candice3681
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Candice3681 »

This novel includes marvelously detailed erotic scenes and several shocking revelations. I love how the author interwove the Yoruba culture into the story. The dose of black history offered a fresh perception of the crime/serial killer plot. At the beginning of the book, I was able to see the depth of Zia's anxiety disorder and get a clear picture of how her mind worked. Bryce was able to win her heart by respecting her need for things to go slow. I was surprised how quickly and easily she fell to the charms of Baxter.
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Post by ciecheesemeister »

I gave it three out of four stars for sheer entertainment value. I enjoyed it in the same way that I'd enjoy one of those dreadful Lifetime movies where the damsel in distress is being stalked by an attractive yet dangerous villain. That being said, there was a lot to pick apart once I went beyond being entertained. The part I found most disturbing wasn't unique to this book. The phenomenon of men choking their female partners during sex being seen as perfectly normal is quite troublesome and in real life has resulted in injury and death. This sort of thing should never be normalized.
DTamara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtamara.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by DTamara »

I thought it was overall a very well written book, especially from the emotional aspect, and in terms of grabbing the reader's attention. However, I found a lot of aspects of the story contradictory to what the author was claiming to be doing, for ex. claiming Zia to be a non-materialistic person and making her super ambitious, and impressed by the expensive gifts from her trillionaire boyfriends. I also didn't like how (spoilers ahead), every important character in this book ended being super-rich, Jazz, Zia, Bryce, and the non-materialistic Zia gets her happy ending and an empire to pass onto her children. The moral values that this book advertises for the most are devastating in my opinion. The plot twists were illogical sometimes, for example how Zia accepts she is dating a serial killer in a second, or the twists were obvious from the start, like the killer writing a "book" about himself. Again, the writing was superb, and part of the character development in the beginning. As I was advancing through the book though, I was getting really disappointed. So overall, I see the charm to a point, but I wouldn't recommend this book, maybe 2 stars out of 4.
Obioma CM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obioma-cm.html
Latest Review: Higher Ground by Sophia Edwards-Bennett MD PhD

Post by Obioma CM »

An excellent book with a beautiful storyline. Onyx Gold did his best to tell the stories of the characters from each person's point of view. Although I was say that the emotional aspect was not properly developed and seemed too rushed.

I enjoyed the writing style and I would recommend this book to those who love romance fiction. My personal rating would be 4 out of 4 stars because I did not spot an error.

Return to “Discuss "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold”