Overall rating and opinion of "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold

Use this forum to discuss the August 2021 Book of the month, "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for the August 2021 Book of the month, Chameleons by Onyx Gold!

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? What genres are woven into the text? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
IamJc_Bembo12
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamjc-bembo12.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by IamJc_Bembo12 »

Chameleons by Onyx Gold is a book that delves into romanticism. Onyx Gold created a masterpiece that is well-written and fast-paced, and is well worth reading. To narrate the story, Zia is a literary agent who recently ended her previous relationship. As a result, she is able to concentrate on her career and find the next best-selling novel.
But, in an unexpected turn of events, she met Bryce Fink, a stunning young investment attorney who was new to the firm. Moreover, their relationship aggrandized after that series of events. To be honest, I am not keen on reading novels that contain erotic scenes, romances, or dramas. However, this enthralling storyline compelled me to read and enjoy it. Overall, I give the book 4 out of 4 stars because everything is good about the novel and its entirety is professionally edited. Shortly, this book is highly recommended for those who love books that contain romance and drama.
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

This is absolutely a deserved book for the spot of BOTM. Gold captivates the reader in a messy love triangle and expertly introduces plot twists to a already riveting story. A must add to the library of anyone that enjoys an excellent erotic thriller.
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

This is a very well written book. It is captivating from the very first chapter. I liked how Zia and Bryce's relationship slowly takes off. From they first met in the elevator to that awkward vending machine incident. I like Zia's character. Having anxiety disorder, she reminds me so much of myself. I would highly recommend this book to persons looking for an enticing, mature read.
hullahope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hullahope.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by hullahope »

The book totally deserves to be the BOTM. The story is fast paced and with everything happening so quickly, the readers are bound to be glued to the book. I really liked how the author uses the love triangle aspect but maintained the suspense level through out. I really enjoyed the book.
Novela book
Favorite Book: Chameleons
Currently Reading: The Midnight Library
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novela-book.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Novela book »

This is an enthraling romance drama. It takes your focus from the beginning. A lot of twisted interactions between characters will give you a thrill and plot scenes with well-written twists is amazing. Overall a mind-blowing read.
Kira Bonita Reece
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Box Set
Bookshelf Size: 358
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kira-bonita-reece.html
Latest Review: Starboard Eight by Brian Casey

Post by Kira Bonita Reece »

Shakiera Reece wrote: 01 Aug 2021, 23:25 This is a very well written book. It is captivating from the very first chapter. I liked how Zia and Bryce's relationship slowly takes off. From they first met in the elevator to that awkward vending machine incident. I like Zia's character. Having anxiety disorder, she reminds me so much of myself. I would highly recommend this book to persons looking for an enticing, mature read.
My rating for this book is 4 out of 4 stars
malik khaizran
Currently Reading: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malik-khaizran.html
Latest Review: The Shade of Highfall by Mark O'Dell

Post by malik khaizran »

An excellent book with all spices necessary for a good story.Thrill, love , murder, mystery, revenge, and erotic passion. Captivating book from the very start. I will give it 4 out of 4 stars. You can feel the writer`s dedication and hard work in this book.
BookBoyP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookboyp.html
Latest Review: Purges of the Soul by Cathy S Birn

Post by BookBoyP »

This book is deserving of the title of Book of the Month.
In a chaotic love triangle, Gold captivates the reader and skilfully inserts plot twists to an already gripping novel. I liked how Zia and Bryce's romance blossomed over time.
From their first meeting in the elevator to the embarrassing vending machine incident, they've had a lot of fun. 
I enjoyed how the author used a love triangle yet kept the suspense level high throughout the story.
Ari Martinez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Victoria's Choice
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ari-martinez.html
Latest Review: Finding A Way Forward by Karen Games

Post by Ari Martinez »

Shakiera Reece wrote: 01 Aug 2021, 23:25 This is a very well written book. It is captivating from the very first chapter. I liked how Zia and Bryce's relationship slowly takes off. From they first met in the elevator to that awkward vending machine incident. I like Zia's character. Having anxiety disorder, she reminds me so much of myself. I would highly recommend this book to persons looking for an enticing, mature read.
I also suffer from anxiety, and I immediately saw myself in Zia as well. I imagined myself acting the same way as her, especially in the first few pages - that's what enticed me to the book immediately. Usually, I'm not much into reading about love triangles, but I loved the added suspense. I would give it 4 out of 4 stars!
Reader Chavez
Currently Reading: Jirvania
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-chavez.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Reader Chavez »

This is an amazing book. Full of twists and turns that kept you wanting to know how things developed. I loved Zia´s character, which I think is very relatable to every reader. Loved the book!
Harshi4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshi4.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Harshi4 »

This book was extremely enticing and is deserving of the title of the book of the month. I absolutely enjoyed the romance between the characters in the book. Overall, it was a great book packed with love suspense, and drama. All spice and everything nice - a simple way to explain the book!
Naaya123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naaya123.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Naaya123 »

I found the book to be very captivating and intriguing. It absolutely deserves to be the Book of the Month. I'm a big fan of romance novels and perhaps thats why I was so enthusiastic about reading this book. Zia was one of those realistic and relatable characters. This made the read even better for me. I loved the mystery, romance, and murder.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 743
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I finished reading this book earlier this evening and have drafted my review of the book. I found it to be a delightful book that kept my intrigue from beginning to end. Sometimes Zia's innocence made me shake my head because she was gullible and believed everything Bryce and Baxter told her. I saw through Baxter way before she did. I will be recommending this book to mature adult readers because of the erotica and non-borderline profanity content. I could have done without some of the graphic sexual and murder scenes, but that does not influence my giving it a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I enjoy reading romantic crime thrillers, and I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
cluetop
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cluetop.html
Latest Review: Mysteries you can't put down by Brad Bennett

Post by cluetop »

I found the book to be a little too reliant on cliches and rather forced at the beginning. The pacing also stood out as a little odd to me with some jumps in time, but that can be overlooked as to the general quality of the story. I think that there was some intrigue pertaining to the characters and plot elements themselves, but the writing was riddled with platitudes and overly used cliches. I would not recommend this to anyone I know, but I can see how it can be appealing to some people. Although, I do believe the author did a good job of creating three dimensional characters with strong personality development and relatability.

Return to “Discuss "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold”