Overall rating and opinion of "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold

Use this forum to discuss the August 2021 Book of the month, "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold
Tajai 123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tajai-123.html
Latest Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold

Post by Tajai 123 »

Chameleons overall was a fabulous Book. I liked the way the Book started off sweet and innocent and ended rough and violent. I would recommend this Book to all of the People that I know that love to read because this Book shows how everything wealthy is not perfect. Most People think meeting Someone wealthy will solve all of their problems when at times the wealthy Person can be the problem. Zia and Bryce was made for one another. Zia just needs patience with Bryce in the bedroom.
Akshobhya B
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akshobhya-b.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Akshobhya B »

Chameleons by Onyx Gold is an interesting book. Its a genre-bending story with themes of mystery, murder, erotica and romance. The book had a fast paced narrative style and I liked how the author used cliches and then turned them around into suspenseful plot points. People who like to read love stories and suspense-thrillers will thoroughly enjoy this novel.
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

I was intrigued the entire read and wont hesitate to read more by Onyx Gold. I truly felt connected to Zia and rooted for her throughout the whole story. I felt like I was Zia's friend and she was telling me about her life first hand instead of feeling like I was reading about fictional characters.
Hogwarts03
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hogwarts03.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Hogwarts03 »

This book is extremely well written and is completely captivating and enthralling. The author did an amazing job of constructing a love story that was realistic but also extremely enjoyable to read about. I also loved how the author developed Zia's character.
However I'm not too fond of reading the graphic sexual and erotic scenes so those might have tampered my enjoyment of the book.
I would recommend this book to mature audiences for the reasons stated above.
Otherwise, it was a great book and a great choice for BOTM.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

Overall, I think this book deserves a perfect rating and its BOTM status. I like its characterization the most. Zia is my favorite character and I must say I also enjoyed the romance that ensure between her and Bryce. I think this is an easy one to recommend to lovers of romance stories.
QueenCaesar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queencaesar.html
Latest Review: Descendant Deception by Kimi Baibre Jackson

Post by QueenCaesar »

I really enjoyed this book and believe it deserved being chosen as BOTM. What I enjoyed most about this book is how the author was able to intertwine the romance/erotica genre with the crime/thriller genre. I will say I don't normally gravitate towards the romance genre but even so found this book lovely and it held my attention. I enjoyed the author's writing style and found the story to be very well written. I would most definitely recommend this book to others (adults only due to erotica & profanity) who enjoy romance, thriller/crime, or those who enjoy both, because it really is a unique story. The main character has aspects that could appeal to most readers, it has twists and turns that keep the reader interested, and overall it is just a really interesting story.
MysticSpade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mysticspade.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by MysticSpade »

I have to be honest, the cover is one of the only intriguing things about this book. The author’s entire writing style made this a very painful read and I don’t even know how I finished this. I guess my need to know Baxter’s secret was greater than my distaste. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a good book that makes you blush and there are some devastatingly erotic scenes in this one. But I couldn't reread it even if I tried which is why my overall rating was 1 out of 4 stars.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

This book just reminded me that when you stop chasing after the wrong things, good things began to chase after you. Back to your questions. I enjoyed this book. I'm not a fan of profanity but I could stomach the borderline profanity that was in the book. The eroticism was an eye-raising point for me but I suppose it was okay. I was gripped from beginning to end and was mostly fascinated by the love triangle. I'd definitely recommend this book to mature readers and will personally read it again.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Authentic Voice
Favorite Book: Selling with Presence
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-authentic-voice.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by Authentic Voice »

To be honest, I am not keen on reading novels that contain erotic scenes, romances, or dramas. However, this enthralling storyline compelled me to read and enjoy it. Overall, I give the book 4 out of 4 stars because everything is good about the novel and its entirety is professionally edited. Shortly, this book is highly recommended for those who love books that contain romance and drama.
Khushboo Barwar
Favorite Book: Inertia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khushboo-barwar.html
Latest Review: The Price of Dreams by Jerry A. Greenberg
Reading Device: B07XVJZPKZ

Post by Khushboo Barwar »

Shakiera Reece wrote: 01 Aug 2021, 23:25 This is a very well written book. It is captivating from the very first chapter. I liked how Zia and Bryce's relationship slowly takes off. From they first met in the elevator to that awkward vending machine incident. I like Zia's character. Having anxiety disorder, she reminds me so much of myself. I would highly recommend this book to persons looking for an enticing, mature read.
Yes! Yes! Yes! Having a friend suffer from anxiety disorder, I clearly saw why Zia was doing what she doing. It was like me listening to my friend as this story unfolded. :coffee3-smiley: :reading-2:
Ondijo Junior
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ondijo-junior.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Ondijo Junior »

This is one of the best romance novel I have ever read, as I could easily relate with the love story of the characters. I never met any issue that would make me delay it a star, for me I gave it full rating.
Absenc Of Evidence, is Never an Evidence Of Absence
Tushar Swami
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tushar-swami.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Post by Tushar Swami »

This book deserves to be the Book of the Month. Zia's relationship is fast paced and keeps the readers hooked until the end. The love triangle and the suspense adds to the beauty of the story.
jaym_tan
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaym-tan.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by jaym_tan »

The book deserved its spot for BOTM because of the amazing characters and the surprising twists. The twists were really unexpected as they were written very well. Not to mention the characters' personalities were really multifaceted.
Toby Ronans
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toby-ronans.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Toby Ronans »

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars since I have no objection. I enjoyed the fact that the book combines elements of romance, crime, and thriller. I didn't like the fact that the book had borderline profanity in it. The writing style was exceptional from the beginning to the end. I recommend this book for a mature audience.
kperm
Currently Reading: Harry Potter The Prisoner of Azkaban
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kperm.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Post by kperm »

Shakiera Reece wrote: 01 Aug 2021, 23:25 This is a very well written book. It is captivating from the very first chapter. I liked how Zia and Bryce's relationship slowly takes off. From they first met in the elevator to that awkward vending machine incident. I like Zia's character. Having anxiety disorder, she reminds me so much of myself. I would highly recommend this book to persons looking for an enticing, mature read.
I absolutely agree that the book is captivating. I couldn't put it down/ It is nicely written, and the characters are amazing. It was easy to relate to them and their story.

Return to “Discuss "Chameleons" by Onyx Gold”